THIS CONNECTION IS UNTRUSTED

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
brad456

THIS CONNECTION IS UNTRUSTED

Post by brad456 »

I updated to SeaMonkey 2.15 today and started to get the message"THIS CONNECTION IS UNTRUSTED" for every website I tried to open. I went to windows restore and tried to restore windows back to where it was prior to this update and luckily it reverted SeaMonkey back to v2.14.1 and it now works again. If I update again to v2.15 how do I get SeaMonkey to work without getting "THIS CONNECTION IS UNTRUSTED" again?
therube

Re: THIS CONNECTION IS UNTRUSTED

Post by therube »

Anything here apply, "This Connection is Untrusted" error message appears - What to do?

There was a change in 2.15 removing a TURKTRUST certificate. And this too, Bug 62178 - implement mechanism to prevent sending insecure requests from a secure context.

Do you connect through a proxy or anything like that?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
lookat

Post by lookat »

therube wrote:Anything here apply, "This Connection is Untrusted" error message appears - What to do?

There was a change in 2.15 removing a TURKTRUST certificate. And this too, Bug 62178 - implement mechanism to prevent sending insecure requests from a secure context.

Do you connect through a proxy or anything like that?
Yesterday, after downloading the latest version or update of SeaMonkey, a Mozilla browser for

the internet, a threat detection notice by Norton Internet Security 2012 indicated a Heuristic

Virus.
It was a file that existed in the SeaMonkey update which is a beta 6 of 2.15 version whereas the

previous full version had been 2.14 an earlier and stable version of SeaMonkey.
Something was also mentioned about Cloud in the warning.
I installed the program after Norton removed some of it's installation files but when I clicked on

the link to www.google.com I received a warning message that this site had no certificate to

authenticate itself and I was warned against going there, by the way, the warning message that

showed up instead of the website I typed in to go to, may not be a Norton warning message but

may in fact be a Mozilla SeaMonkey warning message. This I have to consider until I learn

otherwise, so I tried clicking on www.google.com in another browser and it took me right to

Google.com no problem.
Could the setup.exe of SeaMonkey version 2.15b6, aka version update 2.15 beta 6 be bugged?
Or could there be programs inside SeaMonkey's update setup file that mimick a virus?

I installed SeaMonkey Version 2.14. full version and it overwrites the version 2.15 b6 with no

subsequent issues., that is, running the earlier version, 2.14, but Everytime I search for update in

Version 2.14, it insists on updating to the newest version which I can not do now becaue of the

issue between Norton and it's problem with certain suspicious heuristic virus files or file within

the update to 2.15 beta 6!

I am still running version 2.14.

Today is January 10, 2013, Thrusday, 9:55 AM Central Time.

end of report
therube

Post by therube »

@lookat, that is a Norton issue. Happens with every update. They need to update their defs. Or are you able to tell Norton to ignore the file? (There is nothing wrong with the SeaMonkey files.)

And the Norton issue is unlikely to be the cause of the OP's issue ...

Actually, that probably is the cause of the OP's issue, nssckbi.dll!
If nssckbi.dll is missing, any attempt to load an https: site will return the message he stated.

And on & on & on ... NIS 2013 Mozilla Instantbird nssckbi.dll flagged and removed cloud threat?

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript