Mouse gestures for Seamonkey (and Firefox)

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Rollo_Tommasi

Re: Mouse gestures for Seamonkey (and Firefox)

Post by Rollo_Tommasi »

Lemon Juice wrote:[...] the ability to open new tab to the left or right of any tab - if you start a new tab gesture on the left half of a tab then the new tab will open to the left, and when on the right half - it will open to the right.

This is really fantastic, thank you! =D>

I have a question: is possible to add alongside "save image as" a gesture for "save image" (without prompt for image name and download location), as in firegestures for firefox?
This is the only thing I miss...

Anyway, thank you again.
:D
Lemon Juice

Post by Lemon Juice »

Glad you like the new feature!

I can add the "save image" action - I'll get to it when I have some more time.
*** SeaMonkey — weird name, sane interface, modern bowels ***
Mouse Gestures for SeaMonkey/Firefox
Convert Fx and TB extensions to SeaMonkey
Lemon Juice

Post by Lemon Juice »

Rollo_Tommasi wrote:I have a question: is possible to add alongside "save image as" a gesture for "save image" (without prompt for image name and download location), as in firegestures for firefox?

It's there in 1.7.0beta8 :D
Rollo_Tommasi

Post by Rollo_Tommasi »

Lemon Juice wrote:
Rollo_Tommasi wrote:I have a question: is possible to add alongside "save image as" a gesture for "save image" (without prompt for image name and download location), as in firegestures for firefox?

It's there in 1.7.0beta8 :D

Ah ah ah, yes!
It's perfect, thank you very much!
:D
greenenemy

Post by greenenemy »

I hope that some complains and requests are acceptable here.
With Scroll Wheel Navigation List there is a lot to improve/change.

When working with many tabs the list gets too long and goes off screen. Solution to this could be multiple columns like in opera12 http://i.imgur.com/zatFydt.jpg . Please note that the list doesn't appear near cursor but it's in page center(?).
Other thing that would help with multiple tabs would be ability to use cursor to select tabs from the list.
Right now when i press rmb and scroll it only shows the list. It would be more coherent to imminently highlight next/previous tab on the list, instead of just making the list appear, just like scrolling through tabs without the roster.

Readability is also quite poor right now, I can barely see highlighted selection, the idea with underlined last visited tab is great though. Maybe allow customization for bgcolor for different types of tabs(seen, loading, unloaded etc.)

I'm also using tab groups with some extensions(Tab Groups Helper) and the list shows all tabs from all groups, which is fine but, they are arranged in creation time order(?) which is inconvenient and unintuitive really. I personally would see groups separated by line or small gap between them. While I'm at it Some kind of short cut to quickly jump to next group would be useful, maybe middle mouse button while in tab list view.

As you know there might be conflicts between extensions, so it is better to use only one for certain set of things. There is MouseControl extension that has some neat features that could be implemented in this one suite because of the reason above. I'm especially interested in Right Mouse Button Held + Left click-> jump to last used tab for the reason that with regular mouse gesture I will go back in history after each time i perform it, so i can't use it to go back and forth between two tabs, where r+l allows for both functions.

I realise it's wall of text with demands :oops: but i really appreciate your effort. I find this suite extension to be the best for mouse gesture addicts like me and I want it to improve to be even better.
Lemon Juice

Post by Lemon Juice »

greenenemy wrote:I hope that some complains and requests are acceptable here.

Sure, that's what this thread is for - however, if and how soon I may be able to implement them is another matter, depending on my time availability, of course :)

greenenemy wrote:When working with many tabs the list gets too long and goes off screen. Solution to this could be multiple columns like in opera12 http://i.imgur.com/zatFydt.jpg . Please note that the list doesn't appear near cursor but it's in page center(?).
Other thing that would help with multiple tabs would be ability to use cursor to select tabs from the list.
Right now when i press rmb and scroll it only shows the list. It would be more coherent to imminently highlight next/previous tab on the list, instead of just making the list appear, just like scrolling through tabs without the roster.

I agree, the Opera style tab list make much more sense for longer list. I presume this tab list popup was never intended for such large number of tabs - at the moment this is basically the same kind of list that was implemented in All-in-One Gestures.

greenenemy wrote:Readability is also quite poor right now, I can barely see highlighted selection, the idea with underlined last visited tab is great though. Maybe allow customization for bgcolor for different types of tabs(seen, loading, unloaded etc.)

I agree with this one, too. The background colour is the default menu highlight colour, which is often the system wide setting, and I think it's a remnant from old times when Windows used to have more contrasting menu highlights. Windows 7 seems to be particularly bad in this respect :x

greenenemy wrote:I'm also using tab groups with some extensions(Tab Groups Helper) and the list shows all tabs from all groups, which is fine but, they are arranged in creation time order(?) which is inconvenient and unintuitive really. I personally would see groups separated by line or small gap between them. While I'm at it Some kind of short cut to quickly jump to next group would be useful, maybe middle mouse button while in tab list view.

Yeah, it was never made to work well with tab groups, which is quite a modern feature, historically speaking...

greenenemy wrote:As you know there might be conflicts between extensions, so it is better to use only one for certain set of things. There is MouseControl extension that has some neat features that could be implemented in this one suite because of the reason above. I'm especially interested in Right Mouse Button Held + Left click-> jump to last used tab for the reason that with regular mouse gesture I will go back in history after each time i perform it, so i can't use it to go back and forth between two tabs, where r+l allows for both functions.

I don't know if I understand correctly - Right Mouse Button Held + Left click-> jump to last used tab sounds like a left rocker gesture, which you could assign to "Return to Previous Selected Tab" function - isn't that what you are after?

greenenemy wrote:I realise it's wall of text with demands :oops: but i really appreciate your effort. I find this suite extension to be the best for mouse gesture addicts like me and I want it to improve to be even better.

Thanks for your suggestions, I will keep then in mind for the future. However, that will not be for the next release because I have planned some other features (unrelated to your wish list unfortunately), which are almost done and I have to find some time to polish and prepare the release. So maybe later - but as usual, no promises at this moment 8-)
greenenemy

Post by greenenemy »

Lemon Juice wrote:I don't know if I understand correctly - Right Mouse Button Held + Left click-> jump to last used tab sounds like a left rocker gesture, which you could assign to "Return to Previous Selected Tab" function - isn't that what you are after?

Yes, it's pretty much it, but it doesn't work as expected. It doesn't recognise that after performing this gesture the tab that I've been on before, is previously selected tab now.
It might be desired behaviour for regular mouse gestures because it allows to go further in tab selection history,

Lemon Juice wrote:Thanks for your suggestions, I will keep then in mind for the future. However, that will not be for the next release because I have planned some other features (unrelated to your wish list unfortunately), which are almost done and I have to find some time to polish and prepare the release. So maybe later - but as usual, no promises at this moment 8-)

I understand, Thanks.
Lemon Juice

Post by Lemon Juice »

greenenemy wrote:
Lemon Juice wrote:I don't know if I understand correctly - Right Mouse Button Held + Left click-> jump to last used tab sounds like a left rocker gesture, which you could assign to "Return to Previous Selected Tab" function - isn't that what you are after?

Yes, it's pretty much it, but it doesn't work as expected. It doesn't recognise that after performing this gesture the tab that I've been on before, is previously selected tab now.
It might be desired behaviour for regular mouse gestures because it allows to go further in tab selection history,

So you basically want to switch back and forth between the last selected tab and the current tab?
greenenemy

Post by greenenemy »

From my first post
greenenemy wrote:As you know there might be conflicts between extensions, so it is better to use only one for certain set of things. There is MouseControl extension that has some neat features that could be implemented in this one suite because of the reason above. I'm especially interested in Right Mouse Button Held + Left click-> jump to last used tab for the reason that with regular mouse gesture I will go back in history after each time i perform it, so i can't use it to go back and forth between two tabs, where r+l allows for both functions.

Example:
I have tabs A B C D E opened and selected in the same order as here. Now I'm on tab E.
1. I press rmb+lmb to select tab D. Press again rmb+lmb to go to E again. Back and forth as you said.
2. I press press and hold rmb+x*(lmb) to go to tab on x place in history from current tab. Rmb+lmb+lmb i go to to tab C or Rmb+lmb+lmb+lmb = tab B...
3. reset. I'm on tab E again press R+3*L = tab B , press R+L go back to E...
I don't think i can explain it better because English is not my native language or maybe I'm too dumb :).
Lemon Juice

Post by Lemon Juice »

greenenemy wrote:From my first post

Example:
I have tabs A B C D E opened and selected in the same order as here. Now I'm on tab E.
1. I press rmb+lmb to select tab D. Press again rmb+lmb to go to E again. Back and forth as you said.
2. I press press and hold rmb+x*(lmb) to go to tab on x place in history from current tab. Rmb+lmb+lmb i go to to tab C or Rmb+lmb+lmb+lmb = tab B...
3. reset. I'm on tab E again press R+3*L = tab B , press R+L go back to E...
I don't think i can explain it better because English is not my native language or maybe I'm too dumb :).

Ok, now I know what you mean. This might not be too easy to implement because currently there is no distinction between a single rocker gesture and a rocker gesture with successive repeated clicks and so I'd have to change some of the core mechanisms for that - so most probably not too soon... At the moment I could implement a new action for going to only one previously visited tab and back to the current one - in a back-and-forth fashion and it could be assigned to a rocker or standard gesture. Would such a partial solution be useful?
Lemon Juice

Post by Lemon Juice »

I have started a new thread in the extension releases forum because now that seems like a more appropriate place for this. Originally, this thread was an inquiry about mouse gestures extensions for SeaMonkey and finally diverted from that to development and support topics. Therefore, I think we can retire this thread and it can be locked.

For any further discussions regarding this extension please use the new thread and you may subscribe there for news about new releases (hint: I'm planning a new release with new features quite soon!).
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Locked at the OPs request.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."