MozillaZine

Firefox & Thunderbird Add-on Converter for SeaMonkey

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Frank Lion

Post Posted May 2nd, 2017, 7:58 am

frg wrote:This was in the works for some time and you might want to post further comments here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3029957

I'll take a look, but I warn you if I see the word 'grippy' in it, I'm pressing the #back-button. :)
Metal Lion latest SeaMonkey & Thunderbird Themes - Sea Monkey and Silver Sea Monkey
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

frg

Post Posted May 2nd, 2017, 8:27 am

It is only a gripping tale without a grippy

gracious1

Post Posted May 13th, 2017, 12:05 pm

This isn't in your Compatibility Table, but I sucessfully converted Tab to Window. So if you are still maintaining that table, it would be a good thing to add. :)

Cheers! :turn-l:

gracious1

Post Posted May 13th, 2017, 12:46 pm

Although Self-Destruction Cookies will not convert well (according to the official table), there is an alternative that is built for SeaMonkey: Cookies Exterminator. (No need to convert!) It has the same functionality, maybe even a little more as it allows import/export of your whitelist & blacklist. There is a support thread, too, which is worth a look, especially at some recent posts regarding privacy, even if you don't end up installing the extension.

Lemon Juice wrote:.Hardly anyone will want to write extensions only for SeaMonkey.
BTW, the author is committed to developing "legacy" extensions (though mainly for PM). Although I cannot speak for him, my impression is he might be persuaded to fork a specific extension that you want for SeaMonkey but cannot successfully convert from FF. He is a pretty nice guy and responsive to user feedback.

Hope this helps! :)

Return to SeaMonkey Support