MozillaZine

Firefox & Thunderbird Add-on Converter for SeaMonkey

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
kmike
 
Posts: 101
Joined: November 4th, 2002, 10:54 pm

Post Posted December 13th, 2015, 3:56 am

Browsec 2.0.2 doesn't seem to work, no toolbar button appears and no IP change.

Anonymosity
 
Posts: 8385
Joined: May 7th, 2007, 12:07 pm

Post Posted December 20th, 2015, 12:40 pm

I had to patch Cookie Monster 1.2.5.1 to get it to work to display the cookies with SM 2.39. It is definitely not working perfectly any more.

Since the permissions manager is broken now, I had to substitute the path to the data manager in content/overlay.js for it to see anything in the "Show Cookie Exceptions" display. Would it have worked better if I had used the path to cookieViewer.xul instead? That one seems to be a bit wonky these days as well.

To avoid getting an XML error with "Show Cookies for All Sites", I had to move the comment markers in content/siteCookies.xul from "<deck ..." to after "</deck>" to the next two items below that to comment out those. I also set the "remove cookie" disable to false instead of true so that I can remove unwanted cookies.

dlangton
 
Posts: 63
Joined: December 21st, 2006, 10:06 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post Posted December 22nd, 2015, 4:18 pm


Anonymosity
 
Posts: 8385
Joined: May 7th, 2007, 12:07 pm

Post Posted December 23rd, 2015, 12:24 pm

Display Mail User Agent was intended to work with SeaMonkey anyway. All that was necessary was to bump up the max version for SM.

dlangton
 
Posts: 63
Joined: December 21st, 2006, 10:06 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post Posted December 24th, 2015, 9:14 am

I got a little carried away here. I've now added Glassmyfox as well Glassmybird. Nothing's blown up yet. This way I have more direct control over the mail and browser windows. Seems to work fine. :D

dmellem
 
Posts: 12
Joined: September 4th, 2004, 1:50 pm

Post Posted December 28th, 2015, 11:08 am

There are a few extensions I wanted to help make compatible with SeaMonkey, but I'm a bit lost at hacking extensions. The converter didn't work for these:

https://www.eff.org/files/privacy-badger-latest.xpi
- Doesn't work when converted. They have a "help wanted" for SeaMonkey.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/reddit-enhancement-suite/
- Doesn't work when converted.

https://ponymotes.net/bpm/betterponymotes.xpi
- Used to work after adding SeaMonkey ID, but stopped after last SeaMonkey update

I'd appreciate any help with these. I'll willing to dig through the code as long as someone can start me off with troubleshooting an extension.

Thanks.

(Original post)

morat
 
Posts: 2179
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 6:29 pm

Post Posted December 29th, 2015, 1:08 am

@dmellem

Those are all jetpack extensions, so AFAIK no easy fix.

dmellem
 
Posts: 12
Joined: September 4th, 2004, 1:50 pm

Post Posted December 29th, 2015, 11:57 am

@morat

Thanks for looking at them. Is there a way to see why they're failing? At least one used to work until recently. Is it something that needs to be updated in the Jetpack library that the converter could patch?

barbaz
 
Posts: 1519
Joined: October 1st, 2014, 3:25 pm

Post Posted December 29th, 2015, 12:27 pm

I thought SeaMonkey was capable of running Jetpack add-ons per se since v 2.32 ?

Anyway you can check the Error Console (Ctrl-Shift-J) and look for related message(s) (probably will be error, rather than warning or message).
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!

dmellem
 
Posts: 12
Joined: September 4th, 2004, 1:50 pm

Post Posted December 29th, 2015, 4:41 pm

One of them did work fine, but broke when I upgraded from SM2.32 to 2.38. I can try to isolate which version broke it if that helps.

EDIT:
OK, I installed SM2.35 and one add-on (BPM) works again, though the other two do not even after being converted. I don't see any related messages on the error console (at any level).

marias

User avatar
 
Posts: 42
Joined: May 2nd, 2005, 5:46 am

Post Posted January 26th, 2016, 4:15 am

The Firefox Add-on GrabMyBooks (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... src=search) is full compatible to Seamonkey, when using the converter.

Greetings, Maria
Greetings, Maria!

DERoss
 
Posts: 36
Joined: August 20th, 2004, 5:15 pm
Location: California

Post Posted January 30th, 2016, 11:23 am

Config Descriptions 1.0 is described as "Not available for SeaMonkey 2.39". It does work if the SeaMonkey version in the extension's install.rdf file is changed to 2.*.

DERoss
 
Posts: 36
Joined: August 20th, 2004, 5:15 pm
Location: California

Post Posted February 12th, 2016, 5:45 pm

The Expire History by Days 1.2.0 extension converts, installs in SeaMonkey, and appears to work as described. This extension can be found at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... y-by-days/.

RrBd
 
Posts: 17
Joined: February 25th, 2015, 1:21 am

Post Posted April 14th, 2016, 3:51 am


Carl-Robert
 
Posts: 1
Joined: May 1st, 2016, 8:07 am

Post Posted May 1st, 2016, 8:12 am

Pwdhash https://addons.mozilla.org/fi/firefox/addon/pwdhash/ works as expected after conversion (default settings).

Return to SeaMonkey Support


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests