Firefox & Thunderbird Add-on Converter for SeaMonkey

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Frank Lion

Re: Firefox & Thunderbird Add-on Converter for SeaMonkey

Post by Frank Lion »

kjojo wrote:Does anyone know of a toolbar clock extension that works with SeaMonkey? The one on the list (flipclock) is a dead link. And my searches are coming up empty.

TiA!
LCD_Clock_0.4.2.xpi will work after conversion.

The right click menu doesn't work, but you just use the Options for the extension in the Addons Manager instead.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
kjojo

Post by kjojo »

Frank Lion wrote:
kjojo wrote:Does anyone know of a toolbar clock extension that works with SeaMonkey? The one on the list (flipclock) is a dead link. And my searches are coming up empty.

TiA!
LCD_Clock_0.4.2.xpi will work after conversion.

The right click menu doesn't work, but you just use the Options for the extension in the Addons Manager instead.

Edit: It DID work without installing the other extension mentioned in the 'about'. I just needed to manually customize and place it into my toolbar #-o

Thank you so much!!

I converted and installed but it wasn't displaying

Then I actually read the 'about' info (sometimes reading isn't my strongest suit), which notes that you also have to install the "date today" extension, which can't be converted. Drat...

Thank you for trying, though!
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

kjojo wrote: Thank you so much!!
No problem.

This extension will also show up and work in the Mail section as well - just go to Mail and drag it out of the Mail's Customize Window.

Also, I don't like the LCD effect much and find it harder to read the time, but that can be fixed by going to its Options (the opacity settings don't work) and changing the 'Faded' display font colour from black to light grey. ..and you get this -

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
kjojo

Post by kjojo »

Frank Lion wrote:Also, I don't like the LCD effect much and find it harder to read the time, but that can be fixed by going to its Options
Yeah, I made mine more of a LED than LCD...

Edit: And just a quick 'thank you' again. Truly a life saving extension as I keep my taskbar hidden so I have more screen real-estate. Meaning, I was constantly losing track of time while working in SeaMonkey (it even has an alarm!).

No idea why it never came up in my searches for "clock" "toolbar clock" etc on the SeaMonkey add-ons page.
davidb_sk

Post by davidb_sk »

Frank Lion wrote:LCD_Clock_0.4.2.xpi will work after conversion.
That's a pretty handy little extension. Thanks for mentioning it!
My current rig: Acer Aspire One D257, ALT Linux (Sisyphus x86_64), Window Maker (0.96.0), SeaMonkey (2.53.18.1)
The.Purple.Hippo

Post by The.Purple.Hippo »

I tried the converter on Stylish 2.1.1. It works for SM 2.53.12, but not anything after that. If you want to try it, its available at: https://www.jeffersonscher.com/temp/Stylish211Fx/
The.Purple.Hippo

Post by The.Purple.Hippo »

I tried it on stylish: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ent=search and stylus: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ent=search, but I got the message: install.rdf not found in installer. Now what do I do?
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

The.Purple.Hippo wrote:[...] I got the message: install.rdf not found in installer. Now what do I do?
Converter doesn't work with WebExtension. Mozilla provides WebExt addons only.
ixander

Post by ixander »

The.Purple.Hippo wrote:I tried it on stylish: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ent=search and stylus: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ent=search, but I got the message: install.rdf not found in installer. Now what do I do?
Just use the PaleMoon addon Stylem.
kjojo

Post by kjojo »

Just to update an earlier conversation:

Coincidentally, I updated to Windows 11 at exactly the same time of the SeaMonkey 2.53.17 update. I don't know which is the guilty party, but doing so broke my toolbar clock (LCD_Clock_0.4.2). I'll go ahead and make a wild, irresponsible accusation, and just say it was Win 11, since it's GUI alterations seemed to really effect SeaMonkey (new, really thin scroll bar, super rounded corners, blue-underlined field highlights, etc). The clock is still 'there' (I get it's context menu when I right-click), but it's invisible no matter what color I make it.

However, I found this add-on which works in the same manner (albeit, not graphically. Text-only). Except it displays in the bottom-right of the status bar of the mail window, sliding the "Today Pane" to left. This is non-negotiable, if that annoys you you have to disable the add-on (truth be told, it annoys me a little. I like having the "Today Pane" on the corner. But I need a clock in my browser, so I'll deal). It can be placed anywhere in the toolbar of the browser window, exactly like the lcd clock.
Last edited by kjojo on August 10th, 2023, 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

kjojo wrote: August 8th, 2023, 6:50 am Just to update an earlier conversation:

Coincidentally, I updated to Windows 11 at exactly the same time of the SeaMonkey 2.53.17 update. I don't know which is the guilty party, but doing so broke my toolbar clock (LCD_Clock_0.4.2).
It was broken by 2.53.17. See this - http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14959997

There are 2 nsIPrefBranchInternal entries that need to be changed in LCD's overlay.js and then it works fine. Well, as fine as it did before.
kjojo

Post by kjojo »

Frank Lion wrote: August 8th, 2023, 6:54 pm It was broken by 2.53.17.
That's what I get for making wild, irresponsible accusations...
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

kjojo wrote: August 9th, 2023, 5:24 am
Frank Lion wrote: August 8th, 2023, 6:54 pm It was broken by 2.53.17.
That's what I get for making wild, irresponsible accusations...
I was taken by surprise as well, as it's been so long that an SM update has broken one of my extensions. This is what it was like 3 or 4 times a year when I used to use Firefox,
Big Al 58

Post by Big Al 58 »

Frank Lion wrote: August 8th, 2023, 6:54 pm It was broken by 2.53.17. See this - http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14959997

There are 2 nsIPrefBranchInternal entries that need to be changed in LCD's overlay.js and then it works fine. Well, as fine as it did before.
Thanks much for the tip about the change needed to get it working again! Image
Big Al 58

Post by Big Al 58 »

Converted version of SQLite Manager 0.8.3.1-signed.1-signed extension no longer worked properly with SM 2.53.17 but worked fine on SM 2.53.16 or earlier.

It was broken by removal of nsIPrefBranch2 and for each in 2.53.17.

Changing
  • nsIPrefBranch2 to nsIPrefBranch in sqlitemanager.js
  • for each(let sName in aAppendNames) to for (const sName of aAppendNames) in fileIO.js
got it working again.