User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Passwords Button 1.1.1 -- a custom button from https://codefisher.org/toolbar_button/t ... ton_maker/ -- converted okay. The file is toolbar-button-f2d93a823a-1.1.1.xpi.
Never mind. Apparently, a new version of the .xpi file was posted on the Code Fisher site today. Without conversion, it includes SeaMonkey compatibility.
My comment above the ========== was based on what I did two days ago. At that time, I examined the install.rdf file and could not find a reference to SeaMonkey.
I had to patch Cookie Monster 18.104.22.168 to get it to work to display the cookies with SM 2.39. It is definitely not working perfectly any more.
Since the permissions manager is broken now, I had to substitute the path to the data manager in content/overlay.js for it to see anything in the "Show Cookie Exceptions" display. Would it have worked better if I had used the path to cookieViewer.xul instead? That one seems to be a bit wonky these days as well.
To avoid getting an XML error with "Show Cookies for All Sites", I had to move the comment markers in content/siteCookies.xul from "<deck ..." to after "</deck>" to the next two items below that to comment out those. I also set the "remove cookie" disable to false instead of true so that I can remove unwanted cookies.
Here's a few more TB extensions which work fine after conversion.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... assmybird/
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... s/?src=api
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... nt/?src=ss
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunde ... ar-tweaks/
Display Mail User Agent was intended to work with SeaMonkey anyway. All that was necessary was to bump up the max version for SM.
I got a little carried away here. I've now added Glassmyfox as well Glassmybird. Nothing's blown up yet. This way I have more direct control over the mail and browser windows. Seems to work fine.
There are a few extensions I wanted to help make compatible with SeaMonkey, but I'm a bit lost at hacking extensions. The converter didn't work for these:
- Doesn't work when converted. They have a "help wanted" for SeaMonkey.
- Doesn't work when converted.
- Used to work after adding SeaMonkey ID, but stopped after last SeaMonkey update
I'd appreciate any help with these. I'll willing to dig through the code as long as someone can start me off with troubleshooting an extension.
Those are all jetpack extensions, so AFAIK no easy fix.
Thanks for looking at them. Is there a way to see why they're failing? At least one used to work until recently. Is it something that needs to be updated in the Jetpack library that the converter could patch?
I thought SeaMonkey was capable of running Jetpack add-ons per se since v 2.32 ?
Anyway you can check the Error Console (Ctrl-Shift-J) and look for related message(s) (probably will be error, rather than warning or message).
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
One of them did work fine, but broke when I upgraded from SM2.32 to 2.38. I can try to isolate which version broke it if that helps.
OK, I installed SM2.35 and one add-on (BPM) works again, though the other two do not even after being converted. I don't see any related messages on the error console (at any level).
The Firefox Add-on GrabMyBooks (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... src=search) is full compatible to Seamonkey, when using the converter.
Config Descriptions 1.0 is described as "Not available for SeaMonkey 2.39". It does work if the SeaMonkey version in the extension's install.rdf file is changed to 2.*.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest