User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
There are a few extensions I wanted to help make compatible with SeaMonkey, but I'm a bit lost at hacking extensions. The converter didn't work for these:
- Doesn't work when converted. They have a "help wanted" for SeaMonkey.
- Doesn't work when converted.
- Used to work after adding SeaMonkey ID, but stopped after last SeaMonkey update
I'd appreciate any help with these. I'll willing to dig through the code as long as someone can start me off with troubleshooting an extension.
Those are all jetpack extensions, so AFAIK no easy fix.
Thanks for looking at them. Is there a way to see why they're failing? At least one used to work until recently. Is it something that needs to be updated in the Jetpack library that the converter could patch?
I thought SeaMonkey was capable of running Jetpack add-ons per se since v 2.32 ?
Anyway you can check the Error Console (Ctrl-Shift-J) and look for related message(s) (probably will be error, rather than warning or message).
*Always* check the changelogs BEFORE updating that important software!
One of them did work fine, but broke when I upgraded from SM2.32 to 2.38. I can try to isolate which version broke it if that helps.
OK, I installed SM2.35 and one add-on (BPM) works again, though the other two do not even after being converted. I don't see any related messages on the error console (at any level).
The Firefox Add-on GrabMyBooks (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... src=search) is full compatible to Seamonkey, when using the converter.
Config Descriptions 1.0 is described as "Not available for SeaMonkey 2.39". It does work if the SeaMonkey version in the extension's install.rdf file is changed to 2.*.
If your AMO Browsing for SeaMonkey https://unofficialseamonkeynews.wordpress.com/2016/03/19/amo-browsing-add-on-eases-conversion-and-installation-of-ff-and-tb-add-ons/does no longer work after AMO has changed to new Style https://unofficialseamonkeynews.wordpress.com/2016/04/09/new-style-at-amo/ you sould try this solution https://unofficialseamonkeynews.wordpress.com/2016/04/09/new-style-at-amo/#comment-22.
I have converted policeman https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... policeman/ and popup controller https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... p-control/ - they both work, but there are no icons in the toolbar - so they can only be disabled in the addons, not controlled with full function. Is there a way to get the icons from the xpi - has anyone had this occur with other conversions?
I used 7-zip and toolbarbutton.js is in lib\ui - it is the same in both the seamonkey converted and the firefox original xpi. I dragged and dropped toolbarbutton.js into the seamonkey addons page, it seamonkey said it is from an unknown host and appears to be corrupt - is there a way to get the toolbarbutton.js to show and work in the seamonkey toolbar?
The Firefox Add-on Password Exporter (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... d-exporter) is full compatible to Seamonkey, when using the converter.
Here's an interesting dilemma: many (or even ALL) of the converted addons will NOT work on Adrian Kalla's unofficial Seamonkey 2.44 beta builds (32bit) (64bit) produced on 5/17/2016 as they get blocked (aka. disabled) and are treated as "unsigned" as I have experienced myself. The SM 2.44 builds that he made will only accept "signed" addons from the Seamonkey addons page.
I had to use a Seamonkey version earlier than 2.44 for the converted addons to function. I've downgraded to the unofficial SM 2.43 win64 build on my Win7 x64 machine. which still supports the converted addons.
So guys, if you want to use any of the converted FF/TB addons in Seamonkey, use SM 2.43 or earlier; do not use SM 2.44 or later.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest