MailNews | Remote Content Blocking in 2.29

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
smsmith

MailNews | Remote Content Blocking in 2.29

Post by smsmith »

Not sure if this is a "new" problem or not. Noticed it today.

I have set to Block images and other content from remote sources set in Preferences -> Mail & Newsgroups -> Message Display. However, I have several addresses in my address book where I specifically allow remote content (trusted sources). But, none of those are showing remote content unless I hit the button in the notification bar to allow the remote content. Even if I hit the "always allow remote content from <web address>" link, the content still doesn't show.

I do not put these addresses in the "Personal Address Book" but in a different one so I can more easily cull them when they become untrusted.

This still works as expected in Thunderbird 31, just not SM 2.29 Beta 2. Is there another setting I am missing?

Additionally, some of the mails I get from an online store, even though they are in my address book to allow remote content, are also flagged as junk.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
smsmith

Re: MailNews | Remote Content Blocking in 2.29

Post by smsmith »

This has continued for me in 2.29 release, which isn't unexpected. Is anybody else seeing this at all?
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
therube

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Yep, that sure seems like it would be the one. Another case of something being implemented for Firefox/Thunderbird and SeaMonkey being left to pick up the pieces. :(
BillT52

Post by BillT52 »

I hadn't tried to unblock images by adding to my address book in a while. So when it didn't work recently, I just thought my profile had a glitch. I guess I'm glad it wasn't a bad profile, although the real cause isn't great either. Hopefully most of the code can be copied from Firefox and one of the devs will be able to fix it quickly and easily. (On top of all the other fixes and enhancements on their plates, now they have another FF change they have retrofit.)
joeyconnick

Post by joeyconnick »

I'm seeing the same problem... very annoying.

Not as annoying as Sync being broken in SeaMonkey... but still.
GomJabbar

Post by GomJabbar »

I was encountering this same issue and found this thread doing a search. I see according to the bug report listed above by therube, that this issue has been fixed in version 2.38. Just installed 2.38 and I'm happy again! :)

Tracking Flags:
status-seamonkey2.35: affected
status-seamonkey2.36: affected
status-seamonkey2.37: affected
status-seamonkey2.38: fixed

You can download version 2.38 from the link below.
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/nightly/latest-comm-aurora/
James

Post by James »

Aurora is not a Release as it along with the Nightly channel gets checkins almost everyday so they get updates each of those days.