SM 2.29 - 1000S OF E-MAIL ADDRESSES SCRAMBLED !

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
LoudNoise

Re: SM 2.29 - 1000S OF E-MAIL ADDRESSES SCRAMBLED !

Post by LoudNoise »

As noted above, you can get the addresses to sort correctly.

LoudNoise wrote:From the bug:
Ant wrote:I have to click on another column like Nickname and then go back to Name (last, first) to sort correctly.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
DRDRJAY

Post by DRDRJAY »

Hrumph! After happily reverting back to 2.26.1 until Mozilla fixes this issue, Seamonkey updated itself a few days ago while I wasn't looking, so now back to 2.29 problem all over again. I also noticed 2.29 made some changes to the sort order of my e-mail inbox. Ok. Turned off automatic updates and...back to 2.26.1 .
DRDRJAY
webmoebius

Post by webmoebius »

I can confirm this symptom also. I have more than one address book and a large number of addresses are randomly sorted. This problem began only with SM version 2.29 and sorely needs to be fixed.
Ztruker

Post by Ztruker »

I dropped back to 2.26.1. The messed up address book was causing too many problems for me.
Rich
Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
Pauliemon

Post by Pauliemon »

I also went back to 2.26.1. But forget to uncheck the updater in the options, and it updated to 2.29 again. Screw it. I have 3 address books, 2 of them are fine. Its just this one that does the same problem u guys are having. Tried the nickname thing. even tried to export this address book, after I arranged it in proper form. Thinking that would do it, nope. When I import it back, its back to being scrambled. I even created a profile with no add on's of any sort to see if that might be it, that didnt work either. I have thunderbird also, its fine. So its a Seamonkey address book problem.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

But the sorting is fine in the sidebar. It is just the window that has scrambled records.
Ztruker

Post by Ztruker »

But the sorting is fine in the sidebar. It is just the window that has scrambled records.

??? I don't understand what you mean.
Rich
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

If I access the address book in the sidebar, the records are in the correct order. If I use the address book window, the records are in scrambled order.
Ztruker

Post by Ztruker »

Ah ha! I didn't even know there was a sidebar and I've been using SM for as long as it's been around.

Hmmm, with F9 showing or hiding it that can be very useful, thanks.
Rich
amrad

Post by amrad »

You can also expand the sidebar by clicking on its 'grippy', as shown in this screen capture:

Clicking on it again will collapse the sidebar, you can also drag the divider (of which the 'grippy' is a part), to adjust the width of the sidebar.

Regards,

Dave.
Ztruker

Post by Ztruker »

I don't have any grippies, sidebar or otherwise. I'm using the Seamonkey Default theme.
Rich
DRDRJAY

Post by DRDRJAY »

Don't use the Sidebar. Just one more thing to clutter up the screen. How long's it going to take for a Mozilla programmer to fix this ? Couldn't take very long!
DRDRJAY
amrad

Post by amrad »

Ztruker wrote:I don't have any grippies, sidebar or otherwise. I'm using the Seamonkey Default theme.

So am I! Go to: View | Show/Hide

Click on Sidebar. You should then see the sidebar, if you can see the sidebar, it must have the divider and its 'grippy'.

If you don't, there's a problem. Try starting SeaMonkey in 'safe mode', if that doesn't help. try a new, clean profile.

Regards,

Dave.
Last edited by amrad on September 25th, 2014, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pauliemon

Post by Pauliemon »

I gave the new update, 2.29.1 a try. Looks like the address book problem is gone on my end. Been using Seamonkey for a few hours now, on and off. No problems so far.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

The address book records are still scrambled for me in the window. The bookmark restore bug is still present as well.