New SeaMonkey Donation Page now live!

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Lemon Juice

Re: New SeaMonkey Donation Page now live!

Post by Lemon Juice »

jez wrote:Frankly I'd like to see one or two full-time developers funded from donations if possible.

I have no idea how much money goes to SeaMonkey from donations but considering the project's popularity I suppose the developers can be happy if they can have one good pizza each month for the money they get :mrgreen: But I share your sentiment - having two full-time paid SM developers would be fantastic, indeed!
*** SeaMonkey — weird name, sane interface, modern bowels ***
Mouse Gestures for SeaMonkey/Firefox
Convert Fx and TB extensions to SeaMonkey
Bergamot

Post by Bergamot »

The PayPal donation page still doesn't work for those of us not in the UK. The form REQUIRES entry of a British county, which seems kind of superfluous to begin with but is irrelevant for US and other donors (yes, I did change the country to US first). It appears to also require creating a PP account, which I won't do. I understand wire transfers are also accepted but that's an expensive option in the US.

You don't want my money? :-(
frg

Post by frg »

If you want to use flattr you can donate to Rainers alternative campain. He is a good guy and funds will not be misused:

http://seamonkey.bielefeldundbuss.de/Se ... on-DE.html

https://unofficialseamonkeynews.wordpre ... b-add-ons/

FRG
Michael REMY

Post by Michael REMY »

is there any feature-donation poll page ?

you know, you name a feature you'd like to have in seamonkey and propose a donation (to pay) then other people can vote (and pay too)
Zimbra community did that in 2006.
it was a powerful way to improve the software and bring new features.

best regards
frg

Post by frg »

>> is there any feature-donation poll page ?

No

FRG
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Michael REMY wrote:you know, you name a feature you'd like to have in seamonkey and propose a donation (to pay)
What features did you have in mind? I had a think and couldn't think of anything that cannot already be done by using existing extensions and Complete Themes.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Michael REMY

Post by Michael REMY »

Frank Lion wrote:
Michael REMY wrote:you know, you name a feature you'd like to have in seamonkey and propose a donation (to pay)
What features did you have in mind? I had a think and couldn't think of anything that cannot already be done by using existing extensions and Complete Themes.
this one :
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... #p14627429

seamonkey already have a "block image from domain" feature in its contecxtual menu.
i would like "a block everything from this domain" or even better "block everything for domain with that extension".
frg

Post by frg »

Starting with 2.39 I am sure domain based blocking is no longer possible. Mozilla (Firefox) switched the permissions model to origins and these are not domain based.

What Seamonkey had and has is to block images, cookies and popups from a website.

I am currently cleaning up the popup blocker menu in Bug 1055954.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1055954

It would be rather trivial to add another menu option to block images, cookies and popups from the current website but not sure if this is a good idea as it might clutter up the menu and can only be done to block because of different other permission enable options eg. for cookies. Might be implemented as a new feature in Data Manager.

Best to file a bug and clearly state what you want / prefer.

FRG
Michael REMY

Post by Michael REMY »

frg wrote:Starting with 2.39 I am sure domain based blocking is no longer possible. Mozilla (Firefox) switched the permissions model to origins and these are not domain based.

What Seamonkey had and has is to block images, cookies and popups from a website.

I am currently cleaning up the popup blocker menu in Bug 1055954.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1055954

It would be rather trivial to add another menu option to block images, cookies and popups from the current website but not sure if this is a good idea as it might clutter up the menu and can only be done to block because of different other permission enable options eg. for cookies. Might be implemented as a new feature in Data Manager.

Best to file a bug and clearly state what you want / prefer.

FRG
at least, seamonkey should upgrade the block image from website feature by block content from this website where the user would decide (a simple field to enter extension file with separate comma) and seamonkey should use this field content to filter.
frg

Post by frg »

>>
at least, seamonkey should upgrade the block image from website feature by block content from this website where the user would decide (a simple field to enter extension file with separate comma) and seamonkey should use this field content to filter.
<<

Not easily possible. Images are loaded by core code which is owned my Mozilla. Good luck trying to implement it there... Sorry. Could maybe done in an extension.

FRG
bluewizard

Post by bluewizard »

I'm curious if Seamonkey Development is registered as a Non-Profit organization. If it is, then my donations would be tax free. That is, I would get a tax consideration for the donation. But I would probably need a paper or printable letterhead recipe indicating the Non-Profits tax ID.

Steve
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Since the SeaMonkey Association is technically registered in Europe, you'd probably have to live in (or pay taxes to) a country of the European Union.
shakushinnen

Post by shakushinnen »

Hi,
I've never used a wire transfer. Does it involve giving credit card info or?? I have no Paypal, and avoid, as much as possible, any type of electronic payment over the web.
..... john
frg

Post by frg »

SeaMonkey e.V is currently not registered as a non-profit organization. Last I heard this is under evaluation and depends on the verdict of the tax advisor.

Avoid wire transfer unless you want to donate a larger sum. The charges for cross currency transfers here in Europe to the USA are around $30+ and are usually split (SHA) unless you mark the transfer with charges OUR. I doubt it is much lower the other way or for/to other countries.
Cheapest for both sides is a SEPA credit transfer but this is only available in Europe. Otherwise Paypal.

https://smartasset.com/checking-account ... ansfer-fee
shakushinnen

Post by shakushinnen »

Thanks.
..... john