New SeaMonkey Donation Page now live!

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
ixander

Re: New SeaMonkey Donation Page now live!

Post by ixander »

Have the devs considered setting up something on Patreon or Liberapay? I have donated to SeaMonkey a couple times, but I'd have a better idea of how much to give if I could see how much they're looking to pull in every month and how close they are to that goal.
trevoz

Post by trevoz »

ixander wrote:Have the devs considered setting up something on Patreon or Liberapay? I have donated to SeaMonkey a couple times, but I'd have a better idea of how much to give if I could see how much they're looking to pull in every month and how close they are to that goal.
This would be a good idea in my opinion too!

It would also be helpful if the SeaMonkey Association's financials were up to date - they currently end in 2016 on the Project website. I'm sure they have the information available as a legal requirement, it's just not being updated on the Project website.
trevoz

Post by trevoz »

After contacting the Association I have had the financial details for 2017 and 2018 added to the website. The 2019 and 2020 financial details are to also be added in late April (2022). It makes donating much more justifiable to have some transparency.

See: https://www.seamonkey-project.org/association/financial