How do I properly install the SeaMonkey contributor build?

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
groze5858

How do I properly install the SeaMonkey contributor build?

Post by groze5858 »

I download the contributor build. I have Xubuntu. I would like it installed correctly.
seamonkey-2.33.1.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2

For example, in the past. I have extracted the SeaMonkey folder from the tar.bz2 and just moved the SeaMonkey folder to /home/user/

The problem with that, each new release overwrites the SeaMonkey profile folder. I want to keep the profile and do an upgrade.

If possible, I want the contributor SeaMonkey release to be automatically updated using Xubuntu software updater.

Thank you for your help in advance.
barbaz

Re: How do I properly install the SeaMonkey contributor buil

Post by barbaz »

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2921261

groze5858 wrote:I download the contributor build. I have Xubuntu. I would like it installed correctly.
seamonkey-2.33.1.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2

For example, in the past. I have extracted the SeaMonkey folder from the tar.bz2 and just moved the SeaMonkey folder to /home/user/

The problem with that, each new release overwrites the SeaMonkey profile folder.

Why would that overwrite your profile folder? That makes no sense, something is wrong...
What's in your ~/.mozilla ?

groze5858 wrote:If possible, I want the contributor SeaMonkey release to be automatically updated using Xubuntu software updater.

This was addressed in your other thread.
LoudNoise

Re: How do I properly install the SeaMonkey contributor buil

Post by LoudNoise »

Locking. Continue here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2921261
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."