File extension duplicated when Save As used.

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
SciFiFan

File extension duplicated when Save As used.

Post by SciFiFan »

I am editing a small web page in SM. When I select Save As and direct the save to a new folder, the index.htm and getSegment.htm files get a duplicate extension added to look like: index.htm.htm and getSegment.htm.htm. After twice doing this the extension on the getSegment file is changed to .xht: getSegment.htm.htm.xht.

How do I undo this and stop it from happening?

I am using version 2.33.1
System: Win 7 Pro x64.

Thanks,
John
LoudNoise

Re: File extension duplicated when Save As used.

Post by LoudNoise »

Not a fix but a possible work around until one of the SeaMonkey folks show up.

Are you saving the pages as ]name.htm? If so, what happens if you just save the page as name?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

SciFiFan wrote:When I select Save As and direct the save to a new folder, the index.htm and getSegment.htm files get a duplicate extension added to look like: index.htm.htm[...]
How do I undo this and stop it from happening?

Check if in system's "Folder options" (or what it's named in English) is unmarked option related to hiding extensions.

I've just switched from Win7 32-bit to 64-bit (Ultimate Box) and I've got similar thing (*.bat.txt).

If you want to keep extension hidden then make sure that dialog option in "save window" will not suggest extension ("application" for EXE, "web page" for HTML, etc.).
--
therube

Post by therube »

Cannot duplicate on XP & can't say I recall anything like that [not from Composer, but from other Save As dialogs] in Win7 ?

is changed to .xht

Very odd, I would think.

Any change if you restart in Safe Mode?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript