Saved Drafts Piling Up

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Dritz

Saved Drafts Piling Up

Post by Dritz »

Hi,
I just noticed tonight that I have about 900 saved drafts in my drafts folder in SeaMonkey. It looks like while I'm writing an email, it's auto-saving every 5 minutes so one email can end up creating many files. I haven't changed anything (that I'm aware of) and it appears to have started on June 21st. I can't find anything in the SM help so I thought I'd ask here. How do I turn that off? I do like that it will save an email to the draft file if my SM or computer crashes so I don't have to type it all over again but I don't like this 5 min. auto-save. Any ideas?

Debbie
amrad

Re: Saved Drafts Piling Up

Post by amrad »

Hello Debbie,

When composing an email with auto-save, it should create only one draft file for that email, which should be deleted when you send that email.

I see that you are using an older version of SeaMonkey, 2.32.1, the latest version is 2.33.1, if updating to that version doesn't solve the problem, report back here.

Regards,

Dave.
Dritz

Post by Dritz »

Dave,
Thanks for your reply to my problem. I'll go ahead and upgrade and then see how it goes. I just sent an email to a friend and there was a saved draft there as I was composing it and once I sent it, it was gone. It's weird because it seems to be exactly every 5 minutes while I'm typing. Anyway, we'll see! Is there any place within SeaMonkey that I could look to see if there's a settings problem since it seems to be so consistent with the time?

Debbie
amrad

Post by amrad »

Hello Debbie,

From what you say, it appears that the auto-save is working as it should, so it's puzzling why you have 900 saved drafts! If you haven't already, delete all those saved drafts, then right click on the 'Drafts' folder and select 'Compact This Folder'.

There is a preference in SeaMonkey for setting how often drafts are saved. In SeaMonkey Mail go to: Edit | Preferences | Mail & Newsgroups | Composition | General | Automatically save messages every 'n' minutes. I think 5 minutes is the default but you can make it longer or shorter if you wish.

Regards,

Dave.