Seamonkey crashing in Windows 10

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
amenu

Seamonkey crashing in Windows 10

Post by amenu »

Hi,
I am new to this forum which I have joined because I have just upgraded (?) my Lenovo Thinkpad from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now when I try to start Seamonkey (latest version) I get a crash report. I have restarted Windows and that doesn't help. I have also reinstalled Seamonkey and that doesn't help. I downloaded Thunderbird and it works fine and has imported my Seamonkey messages and settings. Firefox also works fine. But I really like Seamonkey and would rather keep using it. Does anyone have a suggestion for how I can get Seamonkey working?

-- Arthur
therube

Re: Seamonkey crashing in Windows 10

Post by therube »

> I get a crash report

Which says (or its URL if a SeaMonkey crash report)?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
amenu

Post by amenu »

I got an automatic update of Windows 10 from Microsoft and now Seamonkey works. I speculate that others reported this problem and MS sent out a fix.

My problem is solved but this looks like a good forum to be a member of, so I'll stick around.

Arthur
lookat

Post by lookat »

I thought my seamonkey browser had issues with too many open tabs. I started it up with a clean new session. I then opened up a few tabs so I have currently only 4 open tabs in the browser, rather than 35. But when I started to get a notification for new email and was trying to do a Google search in a separate tab, the browser gave me the usual crash window and I had to restart seamonkey again. It reopened and so far up to the past 3 or more minutes I was able to continue without crashing with 4 open tabs, one of which is this forum via a google search.