SM 2.35 Address Book Change

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Pololo

Re: SM 2.35 Address Book Change

Post by Pololo »

Tested with SM 2.39a1 (Xubuntu 14.04), works fine.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

I just noticed this anomaly in SM 2.35. I'm experiencing the same problem as the OP. I can no longer move a contact from one address book to another. Drag and drop used to work but now I get a "Not Allowed" symbol when attempting to drop the contact.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.1.0, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.9.1esr, Thunderbird 115.9.0, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2
Pauliemon

Post by Pauliemon »

Was wondering if I was the only one having this problem Until i found this forum. I tried importing a newer, larger address book from webmail. Than renaming it Personal Address Book but when I tried to delete the old Personal Address Book it was greyed out under delete. So you can't transfer new address books to your old personal address book or delete the original either. I also have Thunderbird and it works fine. So its a Seamonkey Email issue.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You can't delete the Personal Address Book from within SeaMonkey as it is a default element of the program. To delete that element and replace it with a new one, close SeaMonkey, navigate to the SeaMonkey profile and locate and delete the file abook.mab. Rename the file created by the import of the contact data (it will have the extension .mab but will be named neither abook.mab nor history.mab) to abook.mab. Restart SeaMonkey and see if that imported data displays correctly in the Address Book.
Pololo

Post by Pololo »

Pauliemon wrote:Was wondering if I was the only one having this problem Until i found this forum. I tried importing a newer, larger address book from webmail. Than renaming it Personal Address Book but when I tried to delete the old Personal Address Book it was greyed out under delete. So you can't transfer new address books to your old personal address book or delete the original either. I also have Thunderbird and it works fine. So its a Seamonkey Email issue.

This is a regression in SM 2.35 and 2,38: malfunction the drag and drop contacts to an address book or to a mailing list.

It works with SM 2.39 beta version, and also the delete option is available. But I not know where you can download this beta version for windows.
leishirsute

Post by leishirsute »

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:I just noticed this anomaly in SM 2.35. I'm experiencing the same problem as the OP. I can no longer move a contact from one address book to another. Drag and drop used to work but now I get a "Not Allowed" symbol when attempting to drop the contact.
I cannot drag and drop an address to a mailing list or to an addressbook.
I get the not allowed symbol.
Using Seamonkey 2.38 on Windows 7 Pro.

Any suggestions?
leishirsute

Post by leishirsute »

leishirsute wrote:
L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:I just noticed this anomaly in SM 2.35. I'm experiencing the same problem as the OP. I can no longer move a contact from one address book to another. Drag and drop used to work but now I get a "Not Allowed" symbol when attempting to drop the contact.
I cannot drag and drop an address to a mailing list or to an addressbook.
I get the not allowed symbol.
Using Seamonkey 2.38 on Windows 7 Pro.

Any suggestions?
Okay, I noticed in Bugzilla that this is a known bug in 2.38 and is targeted for a 2.39 fix.