Bookmarks Manager Search Gone in SM 2.3.9 (Mac)

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Michael11

Bookmarks Manager Search Gone in SM 2.3.9 (Mac)

Post by Michael11 »

Hi,

I just updated a couple of days ago (using a Mac, OSX 10.10.5), and the search bar on the Bookmarks Manager isn't there any more! Is no one else having this problem, or can anyone tell me how to make it come back?

Thanks,
amrad

Re: Bookmarks Manager Search Gone in SM 2.3.9 (Mac)

Post by amrad »

Hello Michael.

Try pressing F10 on your keyboard.

Regards,

Dave.
Michael11

Post by Michael11 »

Hi Dave,

Thanks, but that gives me miniature views of all my browser windows. I'm on a Mac, and I see you're on Windows; I tried command-, alt-, and option-F10 too, as these are often variants of Windows commands — no dice. Can anyone follow up with a Mac equivalent?

(Also, this page seems to suggest that F10 wouldn't do this task even in Windows – comment?).

Thanks again,
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

I had not noticed that before, but the line with the search is now gone. I hardly ever have to search for a bookmark.
I also noticed that the bookmarks manager does not open with the selection where you left it last time any more. I leave it with "Bookmarks Menu" selected, and it used to open that way, but now "All Bookmarks" is always selected on opening.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

I just did some experimentation, and found that one can still do bookmark searching from the bookmarks tab in the sidebar. I hardly ever use the sidebar, so it took a while to remember to check that.
amrad

Post by amrad »

Hello Michael,

I did wonder if it might not work on a Mac! As for it shouldn't work in Windows, I don't know. All I did was to try all the function keys until I found one that toggled the menu bar. It works consistently for me. I'm using Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 3.

Regards,

Dave.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

The menu bar for the bookmark manager does not have any search item anywhere.
Michael11

Post by Michael11 »

Anonymosity wrote:The menu bar for the bookmark manager does not have any search item anywhere.
Well, it certainly did ...
Anonymosity wrote:I just did some experimentation, and found that one can still do bookmark searching from the bookmarks tab in the sidebar. I hardly ever use the sidebar, so it took a while to remember to check that.
What "bookmarks tab in the sidebar" ...? There's one on Firefox, but none I've ever seen in SM. Do you mean adding a bookmarks tool in the toolbar? I tried that, and it still doesn't seem to allow a search.

Thanks,
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Anonymosity wrote:The menu bar for the bookmark manager does not have any search item anywhere.
It still does in Windows, must be an OSX-specific issue.

Anonymosity wrote:I also noticed that the bookmarks manager does not open with the selection where you left it last time any more. I leave it with "Bookmarks Menu" selected, and it used to open that way, but now "All Bookmarks" is always selected on opening.
That is also broken on Windows.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
bbowens

Post by bbowens »

I can't search my bookmarks anymore, either. This is pretty serious.
MacPro Desktop mid-2010, 2 x 2.66ghz, 40gb RAM, OS 10.14.6
amrad

Post by amrad »

It most certainly does!

Regards,

Dave.
therube

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Michael11 wrote: What "bookmarks tab in the sidebar" ...? There's one on Firefox, but none I've ever seen in SM. Do you mean adding a bookmarks tool in the toolbar? I tried that, and it still doesn't seem to allow a search.

Thanks,
On windows F9 opens the sidebar, which has "tabs" displayed as headers, for search, history, bookmarks. The sidebar can also be opened by menu "view, show/hide, sidebar.

Each of these has and always had a search box on my windows en version. My menu item "manage bookmarks" also still has a functioning search box.

Hope the sidebar works for you.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

Polish version works too...
--
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

amrad wrote:
It most certainly does!

Regards,

Dave.
You are using Windows, and I am using Mac OS. The menu bar is outside the window at the top of the screen in Mac OS, and is controlled by Mac OS.