PayPal not accessible

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
iFix

PayPal not accessible

Post by iFix »

Hi all,

Two areas of PayPal features are now no longer accessible in SeaMonkey.

1. Transfer billing process from vendor hangs (what I am saying is that I am trying to settle an account with a long standing ISP QiQ.com.au) and the pay by PayPal button goes as far as the login credentials; Hangs; then reports either a gateway error from http://www.paypal.com or now it is rejecting the login credentials.

2. Direct login to PayPal fails with this url: https://www.paypal.com/signin/?resType= ... knownError

The following made no difference:
Safe mode
A different profile
SeaMonkey V2.33.1

IE works very quickly and without hindrance.

What has been changed at PayPal?

Can it be made to work?
iFix
"the farmer in the great heartland, corporate greed and chemicals are killin' the land" {Neil Young - greendale 2003}
LoudNoise

Re: PayPal not accessible

Post by LoudNoise »

What happens in SeaMonkey Safe Mode? This is a testing mode.

Help ---> Restart SeaMonkey with add ons disabled.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
iFix

Post by iFix »

LoudNoise wrote:What happens in Firefox Safe Mode? This is a testing mode. Help ---> Restart SeaMonkey with add ons disabled.
Thanks; FireFox 35.0.1 works without Safe Mode.

SeaMonkey ad ons disabled; Is that Safe Mode?

If it is, Safe Mode doesn't work.
iFix
"the farmer in the great heartland, corporate greed and chemicals are killin' the land" {Neil Young - greendale 2003}
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

That was an example of the problem with clippings, it was made to respond to firefox questions :).

Have you cleared your cache?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
iFix

Post by iFix »

LoudNoise wrote:That was an example of the problem with clippings, it was made to respond to firefox questions :). Have you cleared your cache?
No Cache.

Tried spoofing as IE6 on XP and made ground with a captcha image offered, however when the long series of characters was entered (correctly) they were ignored; That is login failed or just looped back to ask for credentials.
iFix
iFix

Post by iFix »

Ok have made ground on it and logged in with this system on a different O/s (Win2k8).

However it wouldn't work yesterday or the day prior or the several days last week that I tried to access PayPal.

I reckon they noticed something happening there and have made a change to some element of the login process.

Will monitor same and see if it is consistent - no further action in my opinion for now at least. :D
iFix
iFix

Post by iFix »

iFix wrote:Hi all, Two areas of PayPal features are now no longer accessible in SeaMonkey. What has been changed at PayPal? Can it be made to work?
Ok; Have made ground on it. After several attempts to use a Checkout to pay with PayPal I logged in and changed my UI at that site to "Classic" from the "New PayPal Experience".

Next I was able to complete a halted transaction with SeaMonkey straight away.

I told PayPal in the survey box (when I was moving back to "Classic" from the "New PayPal Experience") that the feature hasn't worked for me for a month - that is transfer a checkout payment to PayPal, however standard login to PayPal did continue to work.
iFix