how to forbid a domain to be popup ?

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Michael REMY

how to forbid a domain to be popup ?

Post by Michael REMY »

hi,

is there a way , a feature to block popup ?
i mean to not block the domain to create a popup, i mean to block a domain to be opened in a popup ? or simply block a domain to be open in a tab ?

by example, i am in my gmail, i clicked on a link which open a popup to goodwebsite.com but, one second after, there is a redirection to advertwebsite.com . Then i wanted the tab with the advertwebsite.com could be blocked, forbidden, but i still want the popup tab remain (either blank, either on the previous website before the redirection)

i can't blocl gmail to open popup because there is a lot of good popup i need to be opened. But there is also a lot of crapy domain which would not be open in a popup at all.

can i do that with seamonkey ?

thank your by advance for your time.

Michael
DanRaisch

Re: how to forbid a domain to be popup ?

Post by DanRaisch »

Have you tried any ad blocking or script blocking extensions, such as uBlock Origin or NoScript?
Michael REMY

Post by Michael REMY »

DanRaisch wrote:Have you tried any ad blocking or script blocking extensions, such as uBlock Origin or NoScript?
no, because to many extension kill a browser user experience.

as a broswer ca forbid a domain to open any popup, it would cost a little code line and time to a developer to add the reverse feature : forbid a domain to be popup-ed by a website.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Philosophically nice, but if you want to deal with the real world you should consider the extensions. You won't see code added to Firefox any time soon to duplicate what they do.
Michael REMY

Post by Michael REMY »

DanRaisch wrote:Philosophically nice, but if you want to deal with the real world you should consider the extensions. You won't see code added to Firefox any time soon to duplicate what they do.
when a browser already have a feature to forbid A to open B...Z popup, it would be a shame and a lost of time to build a dedicate extension/plugin to have a A..Z domain forbidden to be opened !

At least, even the basic windows firewall should have a feature to forbid a domain, but...i can't manage to find this thing under windows7 firewall feature.
Pololo

Post by Pololo »

Andy Boze

Post by Andy Boze »

Michael REMY wrote:At least, even the basic windows firewall should have a feature to forbid a domain, but...i can't manage to find this thing under windows7 firewall feature.
You might want to take a look at these:
http://www.howtogeek.com/112564/how-to- ... -firewall/
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/27350/be ... osts-file/
http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm
But then again, I may be wrong.