Delete or Add

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
barbaz

Re: Delete or Add

Post by barbaz »

From amrad's link, these are the settings to use in SeaMonkey for receiving POP mail from Gmail:

Server: pop.gmail.com
Connection security: SSL/TLS
Port: 995
Username: (your full gmail email address)
Un-check "Leave messages on server"

Sounds like you have it right... :-k
tatala

Post by tatala »

Is the server name pop.gmail.com or mail.gmail.com? Is the username the full gmail address or just the part before the @? Thanks!
amrad

Post by amrad »

@tatala

Server: pop.gmail.com
Username: (your full gmail email address)

Regards,

Dave.
tatala

Post by tatala »

Thanks everyone I will give that a try. Is there a way to do this so that I can not lose the existing working email setup that I already have there with comcast.net? I lose that every time I try and do the gmail and the last time everything got corrupted and I had to delete the gmail account to get the comcast account working again. I haven't switched over to gmail yet so I need the comcast account until I get this gmail working which I been trying now for five days. Thanks.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

No need to mess with your Comcast account or its settings, just set up gmail in a new account. Click the name of an existing account (or "Local Folders") in the listing of folders on the left, and you should see a "Create a new account" link.
tatala

Post by tatala »

When I set up the new account for gmail it is pop.gmail.com with my address being example john34@gmail.com but it shows it in the outgoing server server name as smtp.comcast.net (my old internet provider was comcast and now it is verizon) and the user name as rdoc2 and it is really rdoc29@gmail.com. I gather it got the information it is using from the other email on the computer which is rdoc2@comcas.net, which I guess will be turned off soon by comcast.
My question now is do I make changes in the Outgoing Server to reflect the gmail settings and not rdoc2 but rdoc29 and smtp.gmail.com?
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

You have to set up a new outgoing server with gmail (I take it you've already done this) in outgoing servers account settings, and only afterwards can you set up your gmail account to use gmail outgoing server (on Account Settings click on the name of your gmail account and you'll see the choice to set outgoing server on the bottom)
tatala

Post by tatala »

Ok, I think I finally have it all working now. You have only one outgoing server if I am right no matter how many how many email accounts you have? If not I have it setup wrong because I now have the last email server which is gmail server as the server for the comcast original email account also. Is that correct? I only have the two email accounts and they are both working I think fine off of the one server.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

tatala wrote:they are both working I think fine off of the one server.
Since it's working fine you don't need to do anything else. :D

I would recommend you set the gmail outgoing server as default if you haven't already (account settings, outgoing server (SMTP) settings, click the gmail outgoing server then click "Set Default"); but that's not required unless you're going to delete all the other outgoing server(s) you have set up.
tatala

Post by tatala »

Ok thanks for all you great help.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

You're welcome! Image