Mail: How to MANUALLY fetch the mail?

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
rovf7

Mail: How to MANUALLY fetch the mail?

Post by rovf7 »

How can I set SeaMonkey, that it doesn't automatically fetch the mail, when I open the Mail Window, but only when I manually request it?
therube

Re: Mail: How to MANUALLY fetch the mail?

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

In SeaMonkey's email window you can use menu path Edit → Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings ->in the left hand pane of the displayed dialogue box, click on "Server Settings" for the account in question->uncheck three options: "Check for new messages on startup," "Check for new messages every NN minutes," and "Automatically download new messages."
rovf7

Post by rovf7 »

Thanks a lot - this works. Bothe answers proved to be very helpful.
BillT52

Post by BillT52 »

If you don't want your mail to be automatically downloaded, but you DO still want to have a notification that you have mail waiting to be downloaded, you can re-check the "Check for new messages on startup" and "Check for new messages every NN minutes" boxes. Just make sure to leave the "Automatically download new messages" box clear. Set them depending on whether you want everything manual, or just the download.