Seamonkey 2.40 has broken something in flash

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Zosimos

Seamonkey 2.40 has broken something in flash

Post by Zosimos »

Dunno if it's important or not. I discovered it on Kongregate trying to play some games. Most people probably watch videos (although HTML 5 is taking over for that) , or don't even realize that some animated menus on their pages are flash. But some of the games on Kongregate that worked fine before don't work anymore. It just sits there trying to load.
DanRaisch

Re: Seamonkey 2.4 has broken something in flash

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to SeaMonkey Support.

Do you have the latest version of Flash installed? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Flash
Zosimos

Post by Zosimos »

When I visit the Adobe page to check my flash version (http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/), it says I have the latest. 21.0.0.182 Since the games I have been loading worked with this prior to upgrading to 2.40, it seems pretty clear that the upgrade changed something that prevents at least some games from working now. (Meanwhile, many others still work fine.) I just tried the game I noticed the problem with in Chrome since I also have that (and it is also the latest) and it still works. It's a very simple game, too. Swarm Simulator. Not one of the really elaborate games on that site. It' s just numbers, really.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Try turning off Hardware Acceleration -- Edit -> Preferences -> Appearance / Content", uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available
therube

Re: Seamonkey 2.40 has broken something in flash

Post by therube »

What happens if you restart in Safe Mode?
some of the games on Kongregate that worked fine before don't work anymore
URLs?
And just what do they do, what do you see?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
lvm

Re: Seamonkey 2.40 has broken something in flash

Post by lvm »

Check whether the plugin is activated: tools->add-ons manager->plugins should be set for 'always activate' for flash.