Download Problem at Mozilla Addons Site

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Frank Lion

Re: Download Problem at Mozilla Addons Site

Post by Frank Lion »

Scarlettrunner20 wrote:Thanks! That is a NEAT extension. I'm glad it will be included with SeaMonkey.
Seems to work very well on the latest releases of addons. This is the right way for us to go, I reckon.

Few bugs on the old releases - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/

Betas can now be grabbed, but the link says 'Download' when it means 'Install'. Non-betas still show the 'Only with Firefox' stuff, but turning off JS sorts that out.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Lemon Juice

Post by Lemon Juice »

See version 0.9.13 - the Ghostery page should now have all download links available both in the details section and on the versions pages. AMO has recently started using scripts that delete the links from the page and put the fantastic huge green button "Only with Firefox". I had to add some code to intercept the changes made by the scripts and bring back some sanity.
*** SeaMonkey — weird name, sane interface, modern bowels ***
Mouse Gestures for SeaMonkey/Firefox
Convert Fx and TB extensions to SeaMonkey
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Lemon Juice wrote:See version 0.9.13
Works really well. I don't use very many extensions, but this one's a keeper.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Scarlettrunner20

Post by Scarlettrunner20 »

Lemon Juice wrote:See version 0.9.13 - the Ghostery page should now have all download links available both in the details section and on the versions pages. AMO has recently started using scripts that delete the links from the page and put the fantastic huge green button "Only with Firefox". I had to add some code to intercept the changes made by the scripts and bring back some sanity.
Thank you! Now I can download to disk the older Ghostery versions. Whether or not I can find one that works on SeaMonkey 2.40 remains to be seen.

I know this is a SeaMonkey thread but what Mozilla has done at Addons with those scripts is also apparently affecting Fx 38.8 ESR if you want to download older versions of any extensions to disk. You get a zero byte file. (Disabling javascript doesn't help). I have an IT friend who has all versions of Fx back to 3.0 and he has confirmed the problem which I noticed last night when I upgraded Fx 38.7 to 38.8. Mozilla is making a nice mess of AMO.
therube

Post by therube »

(Not having been to AMO in a while [to actually download] & after having to fart around there yesterday [to download], I have to say that site, & the way it reacts to "foreign" browsers is an abomination.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Sportsfan

Post by Sportsfan »

Lemon Juice wrote:See version 0.9.13 - the Ghostery page should now have all download links available both in the details section and on the versions pages. AMO has recently started using scripts that delete the links from the page and put the fantastic huge green button "Only with Firefox". I had to add some code to intercept the changes made by the scripts and bring back some sanity.
0.9.15 is working well for me on the unofficial SeaMonkey 64-bit 2.43 build. Thanks for creating this excellent add-on!
James

Post by James »

Sportsfan wrote:on the unofficial SeaMonkey 64-bit 2.43 build. Thanks for creating this excellent add-on!
Not sure If one should trust that site when they do not give a source of where these so called Win64 SeaMonkey builds are from. There are these builds for example

This is the same site that used to post random Beta, Aurora, Nightly builds of Win64 Firefox grabbed from the http://ftp.mozilla.org/ as if it was a Release until Firefox 42.0 was the first to have Win64 Firefox for Release.
Sportsfan

Post by Sportsfan »

James wrote:
Sportsfan wrote:on the unofficial SeaMonkey 64-bit 2.43 build. Thanks for creating this excellent add-on!
Not sure If one should trust that site when they do not give a source of where these so called Win64 SeaMonkey builds are from. There are these builds for example

This is the same site that used to post random Beta, Aurora, Nightly builds of Win64 Firefox grabbed from the http://ftp.mozilla.org/ as if it was a Release until Firefox 42.0 was the first to have Win64 Firefox for Release.
I didn't know that - thanks for the info. I've downloaded SM 2.43 from the Akalla site and will try it out.
Scarlettrunner20

Post by Scarlettrunner20 »

therube wrote:(Not having been to AMO in a while [to actually download] & after having to fart around there yesterday [to download], I have to say that site, & the way it reacts to "foreign" browsers is an abomination.)
Actually, IE 9/10/11 with Javascript disabled can still download to disk at AMO both the current and any older versions of extensions. Firefox 38.8 ESR cannot download to disk ANY extension whether current version or old versions. Disabling javascript has no effect. Something is quite wrong with 38.8 ESR as it should not be checking for Addon signatures either but it does.

Mozilla really messed up the site and it is even more messed up if you make the mistake of getting a Firefox Account and then try to use it there. Plus, forget using Fx 38.8 ESR there unless you want to install directly rather than download to disk.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

How does a Firefox Account mess up the add-ons site? I had to get one to post a comment for one of the extensions. It does not seem to have much effect unless I want to post something, and then it is needed.