Multiple windows (one to one for each tab) in the taskbar

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
way2go

Multiple windows (one to one for each tab) in the taskbar

Post by way2go »

I'm new to SeaMonkey and would like to switch to it from FF which I've used seems like always and don't have much of any other experience. But some things may bring me back to FF, like why there are multiple windows in the taskbar - one per each tab, while in reality I have just one window open with many tabs?

Is it because IE does the same on Windows? AFAIRC, Linux version of SeaMonkey doesn't do this.
way2go

Re: Multiple windows (one to one for each tab) in the taskba

Post by way2go »

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0 SeaMonkey/2.40
Build identifier: 20160120202951
way2go

Post by way2go »

I'm on Windows 7 with the latest version of SeaMonkey.
therube

Post by therube »

why there are multiple windows in the taskbar - one per each tab
There should only be (at most) one icon for each window - not tab, on the taskbar.

(That said, in my case, I do not "group similar taskbar buttons", & my taskbar buttons do not "show" anything [on hover or anything like that]. [An excellent utility, 7+ Taskbar Tweaker.]

Further, there may be some general SeaMonkey bugs relating to the Windows Taskbar, but I typically wouldn't pay attention to them as they don't affect me. Bug 677484 - Individual SeaMonkey components are not properly handled by the Windows 7 taskbar.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
way2go

Post by way2go »

OK, there is no problem actually. After I've opened a lot of tabs (a few dozen - which is my normal usage pattern), the taskbar is not cluttered any more.
Joe1962

Post by Joe1962 »

Bad memory here, but I believe I recently discovered that setting browser.taskbar.previews.enable=false in about.config gets you one taskbar button per window in Win 7/8.1.
SM (usually latest stable) on Linux Mint 19 x86_64.