Get SeaMonkey to reply quoting message

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
shakushinnen

Get SeaMonkey to reply quoting message

Post by shakushinnen »

Hi,
Sometimes when I hit 'reply' the reply mail contains only a portion of what was in the mail sent to me. I would like to have SeaMonkey quote entirely what was in the mail I'm replying to. How can I do that?
Thanks,
..... john
TPR75

Re: Get SeaMonkey to reply quoting message

Post by TPR75 »

shakushinnen wrote:Hi,
Sometimes when I hit 'reply' the reply mail contains only a portion of what was in the mail sent to me. I would like to have SeaMonkey quote entirely what was in the mail I'm replying to. How can I do that?
Thanks,
..... john
Are you sure there was not "selected" some part of message? Because "if YES" then only marked text will be quoted.

If message was in HTML then I don't have experience with such messages... but should work similar. Unless you enabled plug-ins for Mail Client...

EDIT: And remember that any text below "-- " will be removed by a good mail client (like SeaMonkey) because it will be treated as signature:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Signatures_-_Thunderbird
Last edited by TPR75 on July 15th, 2016, 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
amrad

Post by amrad »

Did you have a portion of the email selected? If you did, that's all that will get quoted. If you leave it unselected, the whole email will be quoted. Do you have 'Automatically quote the original message when replying' selected in 'Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings'? If not, you can quote the email to which you are replying by going to: 'Options | Quote Message.

Regards,

Dave
shakushinnen

Post by shakushinnen »

Hi,
Yes, I am using HTML. And, yes I do have "Automatically quote original message" checked off.
I'm not sure about the partial message selection thing, but when I choose select all from the edit menu, then reply to that ...... everything works well. So, at least I know what to do if I have the same problem again.
Thanks for your hlep.
.... john
amrad

Post by amrad »

If you try not selecting anything, does it quote the original message in full?

Regards,

Dave.
shakushinnen

Post by shakushinnen »

Hi,
Well, that's the thing. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.
...... john