Password Autofill / Prefill tip

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
iFix

Password Autofill / Prefill tip

Post by iFix »

Hi all,

Our networks use a number of VPN routers' and I have to access them regularly with SeaMonkey.

Whilst the embedded webserver doesn't have a valid login response to SeaMonkey; I noticed one router's credentials were saved in Password manager and it would always prefill when accessed.

Others' always had to have their credentials typed (yes I know it is more secure, however these are protected by different and strong passwords hence the time taken to access them is convenient to have a prefill for only admin access).
I decided to see what was unique about the first router and the saved login that would prefill.

Using the data manager (about:data) I noticed that the url did not have any terminating characters; In specific if the "/" forward slash was removed from the saved host and the submit prefix fields (they should be the same - for at least this router) SeaMonkey would prefill the credential dialogue on load. 8-)
iFix
"the farmer in the great heartland, corporate greed and chemicals are killin' the land" {Neil Young - greendale 2003}