MozillaZine

Cache stopped working, NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Lemon Juice
 
Posts: 753
Joined: June 1st, 2006, 9:41 am

Post Posted August 11th, 2016, 12:51 pm

Lately, in my main SM 2.40 profile I noticed the following symtoms:

1. Images on previously visited web sites are not loaded from the cache but are fetched from the internet every time.
2. In image properties the Size of File is always "Unknown (not cached)".
3. Going to the cache preferences I get this error:
Code: Select all
Thu Aug 11 2016 21:37:03
Error: NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE: Component returned failure code: 0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsICacheStorageService.asyncGetDiskConsumption]
Source file: chrome://communicator/content/pref/pref-cache.js
Line: 106

which leads to this function:
Code: Select all
function updateActualCacheSize()
{
  Components.classes["@mozilla.org/netwerk/cache-storage-service;1"]
            .getService(Components.interfaces.nsICacheStorageService)
            .asyncGetDiskConsumption(CacheObserver);
}

as a result the information about how much cache is currently in use is not displayed.

4. Clearing the cache doesn't work and triggers the same js error (my cache setting is the default to be managed automatically and there is about 377 MB of files in the Cache folder).

Other observations:

a) The problem occurs only in this one profile - after switching to others SM's cache works as expected.
b) I have tried disabling some extensions and finally running SM in safe mode - the problem still happens in safe mode.

Any ideas what might have gone wrong and how to fix it? I'd like to avoid creating a new profile because in this one I have many extensions, settings, mail, etc. that I don't want to set up from scratch.

I've tried deleting the cache files manually but it didn't change anything. It is possible one of my extensions corrupted some profile files but I don't know which ones.
*** SeaMonkey — weird name, sane interface, modern bowels ***
Mouse Gestures for SeaMonkey/Firefox
Convert Fx and TB extensions to SeaMonkey

Lemon Juice
 
Posts: 753
Joined: June 1st, 2006, 9:41 am

Post Posted August 11th, 2016, 3:46 pm

Solved it - it turned out the pref browser.cache.disk.enable was set to false for some reason. I don't know why it got set to false but I suspect it could have been one of the many extensions I tested.
*** SeaMonkey — weird name, sane interface, modern bowels ***
Mouse Gestures for SeaMonkey/Firefox
Convert Fx and TB extensions to SeaMonkey

Return to SeaMonkey Support


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests