where can we suggest new feature ?

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Michael REMY

where can we suggest new feature ?

Post by Michael REMY »

hi,

i wish to suggest a new feature, where i can do that ?
i also search to seamonkey tweeter account, but there is not one.

here is what i suggest (very easy to code develop) :

in the download manager window, the column "transfered" should display to total (sum) of the in-progress download items.

it would be very userful to know the space needed on the storage volume.

best regards
frg

Re: where can we suggest new feature ?

Post by frg »

You would need to open a bug on https://bugzilla.mozilla.org against Seamonkey. Make it enhancement in the importance field.

The current Download Manager is being replaced in the near future so don't get you hopes up for a fast fix. Not enough people around to do the work.

Anyway there would be several problems implementing it. You would need to subtract failed or broken downloads and you can save files all over the place so it either would need to be per volume/disc or just an indicator. If you just need the simple sum I think it could be implemented but not sure if the file size is easily available.
therube

Post by therube »

An extension, like DownThemAll (by default) reserves space on your HDD for your download(s).
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

Michael REMY wrote: in the download manager window, the column "transfered" should display to total (sum) of the in-progress download items.
It is. I mean both "progress windows" and "download manager" are showing total (sum) size of downloaded file... as long as server is providing such information:

Sometimes such info is not available. Ask their admins why.

If you want to see total (sum) size/capacity of ALL in-progress downloaded files then it shouldn't be in a column but rather in line at top or bottom of Download Manager window.

If you want to download many big files then you'll better use extension like mentioned DTA or separate downloader. Integrated DM is far from perfect or even far from good.
--