SM Composer spoils JavaScript

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
esperanto41

SM Composer spoils JavaScript

Post by esperanto41 »

I love SM Composer (and its Netscape predecessor), but it louses up my JavaScript those few times when I use JS.

(E.g., SM ruined my StatCounter code, so I had to fix it in a different editor; and when I try to put in a pre-cooked code, e.g., to enlarge and reduce images, SM will not save it right no matter how many times I try. It always scrambles the lines.)

I've seen some earlier-version discussion of this in the Forum, but what is the current (broken) state of the art on 2.40 forJavaScript? One suggestion was to use KomPozer, but that is at least 6 years old (9 years old for stable). Maybe I'll go back to my OS 9 Mac with Netscape 7, which I'd still been using until very recently. Right now my main computer is Win 7.
Last edited by esperanto41 on October 23rd, 2016, 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
esperanto41

Re: SM Composer spoils JavaScript

Post by esperanto41 »

PS: I'm thinking of this for a workaround:

1) Compose main page in SM and save.

2) Open file in a text editor, add JavaScript, and save: but do not re-open in SM Composer.
isaacschemm

Re: SM Composer spoils JavaScript

Post by isaacschemm »

SeaMonkey Composer is also pretty old (although it shares some stuff with the email backend.)
Another workaround is to put JavaScript in another file in the same directory and link to it with <script src="..."></script> - see if that helps.