Two Questions: Weird Behavior & Mail Addresses

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Eakamai

Two Questions: Weird Behavior & Mail Addresses

Post by Eakamai »

Weird Behavior with Volume Controls
Using SM 2.35 and started noticing something strange. I hadn't been using SM much for mmedia much or I'd probably known about this earlier:
Whenever I'm playing any video (not audio, streaming audio as in radio stations etc. don't seem to be effected by this) in SM, the volume controls no longer work either on my keyboard or [ancient but still working great] remote wonder. In every case this doesn't happen in any other browser, (Iron, Pale Moon, Opera, and ancient FF 3.6.28). This is while using XP. Haven't installed into W7 to test yet. Will try that soon. Here's exactly what happens:

Unless I minimize SM, or highlight another app/program or desktop, controls do not work. As soon as I do any of the above, controls work perfectly. It's only when SM is activated (both windowed or full screen maximum) that the controls do not function. I can drag the volume control in taskbar up and down, but that's it. Oh, and of course I can control the slider of volume directly on video IF the video supports it. Tested mostly with YT. (WOW just discovered w/liveleak & RT News, controls work fine!). Could be just a YT thing?????
-------------------------
EMail Addresses - A Minor But Time Consuming Irritation
Is there an easier way to delete original [sent to] addresses of a message when you use 'Edit as new' function?
I end up having to manually delete them one by one which can be tedious.

Thank you for any help on these things.
LordOfTheBored

Re: Two Questions: Weird Behavior & Mail Addresses

Post by LordOfTheBored »

Could easily just be a YouTube thing.
I can't test since I killed Flash, but if you are still using the flash player, there's a possibility that it is seizing the volume keystrokes and trying to do its own thing with them. I remember Flash being bad about capturing as much keyboard input as it could.
Andy Boze

Post by Andy Boze »

Eakamai wrote:EMail Addresses - A Minor But Time Consuming Irritation
Is there an easier way to delete original [sent to] addresses of a message when you use 'Edit as new' function?
I end up having to manually delete them one by one which can be tedious.
This might help if you have a longish list of recipients.

After the mail Compose window opens, click the Address button. In the "Address message to:" field, click the top-most address, shift-click the bottom-most address, then click the Remove button. Click OK, or select new addresses from the address book on the left. Won't save you much in the way of time or clicks unless you've got a lot of addresses to delete.
But then again, I may be wrong.
Eakamai

Post by Eakamai »

LordOfTheBored wrote:Could easily just be a YouTube thing.
Thanks for the reply. After testing one of the other similar systems I found it doesn't duplicate this crazy behavior.
I'm going to check another 2 systems and see, but it's looking like it might be isolated to this one particular system.
If that's the case, it would have to be some tweaks and/or plugins/extensions/other open apps/processes etc.
Thanks again! If I find the culprit I'll post back and reveal it.
----------------------------------
Aloha Andy! Happy to see you still active here!
I just confirmed this works. NOW I'm really embarrassed that I couldn't figure that out. :oops:
In fact I could have sworn I tried that which was the reason I posted this inquiry. Guess I was delusional.
Whatever the case I apologize for taking up space with something I should have been able to solve. ](*,)
Thanks for the help Andy!