This Connection is Untrusted problem caused by Kasperski

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Ralph6410

This Connection is Untrusted problem caused by Kasperski

Post by Ralph6410 »

My AV software recently stopped playing nice with Seamonkey and has denied me access to many sites with this message. (FB among many others)

This Connection is Untrusted
This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that
SeaMonkey only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible
to add an exception for this certificate.

It has required me to start using Firefox.. which evidently does not have this problem.

Anyone have any workarounds.. short of getting rid of Kasperski.. with whom I have just renewed for 18 months.
Thank you for your time
LordOfTheBored

Re: This Connection is Untrusted problem caused by Kasperski

Post by LordOfTheBored »

From Kaspersky's forums: " Please uncheck Scan Encrypted Connections, located in the Kaspersky settings, then reboot. Any better? "

APPARENTLY Kaspersky installs a bunch of "fake" certificates that enable it to monitor encrypted internet traffic. And sites that care are going to tell the browser to panic, because it looks a lot like the encryption has been compromised. Because it has been.
James

Post by James »

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/tr ... _kaspersky

Kaspersky has caused issues with secure connections with Firefox as it tries to insert its own certificate in trying to keep you safe supposedly and instead can cause connection issues on https:// sites.
Ralph6410

Post by Ralph6410 »

Fixed my issue by drilling down to the certificate manager in Seamonkey (suspect this works as well in Firefox) then importing from the Kasperski folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP17.0.0\Data\Cert the certificated called (fake)Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Root Certificate. Then.. there are 3 boxes to check for behavior.

Made my problem with "This Connection is Untrusted" errors go away.. And my wife is happy again!