emails

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
mtwine

emails

Post by mtwine »

For some reason I can't download any new messages. I've turned computer off and on, open and closed SeaMonkey several times with no luck. tx.
makaiguy

Re: emails

Post by makaiguy »

What, exactly, does or does not happen when you try to download new messages?

If you receive any error messages, what is the full text of the message? (You should edit out your email address if it shows in the error message.)
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
mtwine

Post by mtwine »

when I click on "get messages" the line along the bottom reads "downloading 1 of 6 messages" and then nothing else happens. Then if I click on Get Messages again, nothing happens at all. tx.
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

mtwine wrote:when I click on "get messages" the line along the bottom reads "downloading 1 of 6 messages" and then nothing else happens. Then if I click on Get Messages again, nothing happens at all. tx.
Heh. Recently I had situation when I saw "Received 0 new messages" instead of "No new messages" (or what it is in English). Maybe it's just "echo" or "false ghost" of previous receive. Did you tried to login via browser to you e-mail account? Were there new messages on server?
Last edited by TPR75 on November 1st, 2016, 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
mtwine

Post by mtwine »

Yes, I logged in to my ISP and there were emails, no prob. I know I can get them there, but much prefer SeaMonkey. And I tried just again to Get Messages. It says it is, then stops. tx.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

You may have a message on your server that is corrupted and/or malformed and won't download properly. If so, the TBird/SeaMonkey download fails when it tries to download that message and you get stuck there, as the program is not smart enough to then just jump ahead to the next message.

If you have web access to your mail account, try going in via your browser. Many times you can delete the problem message that way. The message may display okay there, but the headers could still be malformed. It should be the oldest message on the server that you have not downloaded to your system.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

mtwine wrote:Yes, I logged in to my ISP and there were emails, no prob. I know I can get them there, but much prefer SeaMonkey. And I tried just again to Get Messages. It says it is, then stops. tx.
When you check every option (anti-virus blocking, new profile for test etc.) then ask your provider of e-mail service about problems with POP/IMAP (because web interface is working).
--
mtwine

Post by mtwine »

That worked - thanks!
TPR75

Post by TPR75 »

mtwine wrote:That worked - thanks!
Great! But what?
--
Eakamai

Post by Eakamai »

Aloha! :)
I agree... what worked?
We had this problem a few times and makaiguy method had worked but it took dealing with the web UI until we got it.