Video/Image Size Problems

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
speedo1952

Video/Image Size Problems

Post by speedo1952 »

I like SeaMonkey because it's fast and has low overhead. I've been using it for years, and really enjoy all the tweaks that it allows. In short..........I don't want to give it up despite the fact that Mozilla no longer supports it, it's old, and there are probably "better" browsers out there. I also use the suite for email. I use an old version, 2.32, because it asks less questions about suspicious websites in the browser....................easier to use.

All that said, there are 2 annoyances that I've been seeing for a couple weeks now, and it's about time I asked you experts to help me figure them out:

1. Photo images are not always automatically resized to fit the screen even though I have the auto resize images box ticked in "preferences".

2. If I play a video......say, YouTube for example................it starts off as a small screen which is black but the audio is playing. If I go to full screen, the video magically appears and plays along with the audio. If I go back to small screen the video and audio continue to play as normal.

Thanks in advance,
Perplexed and vexed
TPR75

Re: Video/Image Size Problems

Post by TPR75 »

speedo1952 wrote:I use an old version, 2.32, because it asks less questions about suspicious websites in the browser....................easier to use.
To prevent such "questions" you can disable "Safe Browsing":
Menu -> Edit -> Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> in "Safe Browsing" field disable both options (make as not selected)

2.32 is pretty old and you should give newer version a chance (remember to save/backup your profile for SeaMonkey):
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_SeaMonkey

If you like to experiment a little then try unofficial latest release 2.46:
https://l10n.mozilla-community.org/~aka ... windows32/

It has many fixes over 2.40 version let alone old 2.32...
--
James

Post by James »

TPR75 wrote:If you like to experiment a little then try unofficial latest release 2.46:
https://l10n.mozilla-community.org/~aka ... windows32/
Not sure why you are linking to there when there are no SeaMonkey setups for Windows there and there is a official place https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/seamonkey/c ... n32/en-US/
frg

Post by frg »

>> Not sure why you are linking to there when there are no SeaMonkey setups for Windows there

2.46 is there in all supported languages. Adrians builds are safe to use and bug reports against them are accepted.

>> and there is a official place

While the en-US release candidate 6 is also ok it still has a wrong Lightning version and because of bugs doing l10n repacks the other languages are either not there yet or broken.

FRG
speedo1952

Post by speedo1952 »

I have a 64 bit version of Win 7. Since you trust Adrian (I don't know who he is), then what do you think of this build:

https://l10n.mozilla-community.org/~aka ... -windows64
seamonkey-2.46.en-US.win64.installer.exe

ALSO:

I now have a 32 bit version of 2.32 installed in the 32 bit programs directory. That is the one I describe here as being troublesome. Will this be a "fresh" installation? Should I uninstall the old version first? Will my bookmarks, mailboxes, passwords, phone book, etc be automatically migrated to the new, 64 bit installation?
frg

Post by frg »

>> Since you trust Adrian (I don't know who he is),

Member of the SeaMonkey developer team.

Uninstall the old version and then reinstall the 64 bit version to make sure associations are set correctly. Your profile will not be harmed by this.

FRG
speedo1952

Post by speedo1952 »

All:

Thanks very much. Installed 64 bit version of 2.46, and all problems solved.

HUGE difference and enjoyment factor greatly enhanced.

THANKS!!!!

I installed FlashGot. Is it a video downloader? I don't know how to work it, if it is.
Last edited by speedo1952 on November 25th, 2016, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Flashgot is a general downloader. Personally, for general downloads, I prefer DownThemAll. It seems to work the best for me. For downloading videos, I have Video Downloader professional. That one has to be run through the converter to install in SeaMonkey.
speedo1952

Post by speedo1952 »

I uninstalled FlashGot. SeaMonkey's Download Manager is all I need. I installed FreeMake Video Downloader which serves very well and works on many popular websites.

I like RealPlayer's plugin for I Explorer, which shows an icon in the menu bar which makes it easier to remember which program to use for capture of videos. Too bad nothing similar can be compiled for SeaMonkey, since I almost never use I Explorer.