V Card

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
rsx11m

Re: V Card

Post by rsx11m »

abe-ariel wrote:Thank you rsx11m. Unfortunately the saga is still on.
I went to the Composition & Addressing panel, where I found the box "Include signature for replies" checked. That notwithstanding' all my replies did not include my signature. The box "Include signature for forwards" was unchecked. I checked the latter and now both boxes are checked, as you instructed. However, both my Replies and Forwards still do not contain my signature.
Did I miss anything?
No clue, that part always worked for me (with a plain-text signature, I don't have HTML signatures).

Are you using a plain-text or HTML signature? Placement below or above the quote?
Maybe there is something in the signature interfering with quoting the message.

Note that if you have multiple accounts/identities, this setting (including the signature itself) has to be set/modified for each of these signatures.
abe-ariel

Post by abe-ariel »

I finally got it!
I just noticed that the boxes "INCLUDE SIGNATURE FOR REPLIES" and "INCLUDE SIGNATURE FOR FORWARDS" exist in THREE "COMPOSITION & ADDRESSING"s , being "Work Account", “News Mozilla” and “Secnews.netscape". So far those boxes were checked only in the two last locations. I now checked also the "Work Account” boxes and… BINGO!… my signature is there, in all my mail configurations.
Thank you so much rsx11m and TPR75 for your kind assistance.
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

You are welcome. Yes, that's frequently tricky to find out.