User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
I use SeaMonkley Mail with several different e-mail accounts, (a.o.) 3 Gmail accounts and 3 outlook.com accounts.
Outgoing mail servers used are smtp.gmail.com and smtp-mail.outlook.com.
When I compose a new mail from my second or third gmail account, or from my second or third outlook.com account, on my screen, the correct "sending" account is shown, but when the mails arrive, my contacts always get to see the name of my first gmail account or my first outlook.com account.
So my contacts get mail from firstname.lastname@example.org, when in fact it is sent by email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
~ I'm only here to Pay it Forward. ~
"I often take a very long windy road to my destination. When I arrive I often wonder how I missed the shortcut".
This is a useful workaround in some cases, but it is rather "masking" the problem than solving it.
I did sent testmails to two newly created gmail.com and outlook.com identities, so at the addressee's side there is no way that incoming mail could be associated with senders already known in an address book. All mails arrive as being sent by email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com...
Do you have an "outgoing server (SMTP)" setting in Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings -> [account name]?
Make sure that it's set to the appropriate SMTP account for each incoming email account.
No, it shows that an outgoing server has been set but doesn't say anything about whether that is the correct outgoing server selection.
You're right of course - I should have been more precise there. I rephrase last post:
Yes, I have the appropriate SMTP server set for each incoming email account, i.e.:
for [firstaccountname]@gmail.com = smtp.gmail.com, port 465, authentication: normal password, encryption SSL/TLS, - (tested and found working OK),
for [firstaccountname]@outlook.com = smtp-mail.outlook.com, port 587, authentication:normal password, encryption STARTTLS, - (tested and found working OK),
and for [myName]@myISprovider.eu = relay.[myISprovider].eu, port 587, normal password, STARTTLS,
(tested and found working OK)...
Last edited by Assurbanipal on December 18th, 2016, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Then, I start adding other gmail-accounts: [secondaccountname]@gmail.com, [thirdaccountname]@gmail.com and [fourthaccountname]@gmail.com, with incoming server pop.gmail.com, port 995, SSL/TLS, normal password, and outgoing server smtp.gmail.com, port 465, normal password, SSL/TLS.
As soon as actived, mails start arriving in the inbox of the different accounts. So far no problem.
But when I compose a new mail, and in the "From" section I select one of the newly added accounts from the drop-down list, Seamonkey (without telling me so) replaces this accountname with the name of the first account I configured. As said, I get no indication of this substitution - while sending, a message "connecting to smtp.gmail.com" appears, then a second message "delivering message(s)", and after sending, I find the mail in the "Sent messages" folder of the correct account - but all the mails arrive with the sender replaced with the [FIRSTaccountname].
So, maybe Seamonkey just is not capable of handling more than 1 accountname for any given smtp-server, or (probably) I am overlooking a setting somewhere - and I hope somebody out there knows which setting that would be.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest