How to remove a "special account"

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
javogadro1

How to remove a "special account"

Post by javogadro1 »

How do I remove an account from Mail and Newsgroups? It is a "Special Account" I don't need anymore.
TPR75

Re: How to remove a "special account"

Post by TPR75 »

javogadro1 wrote:How do I remove an account from Mail and Newsgroups? It is a "Special Account" I don't need anymore.
While in "Mail & Newsgroups" window:
Menu -> Edit -> Mail & Newsgoups Account Settings -> select one you need and click "Remove Account" button

Works?

BTW You can't remove "Local folders"...
--
javogadro1

Post by javogadro1 »

Well, I guess that's why I can't remove it. Its a "special account" I stupidly created with errors while trying to make a second email account. I guess I'll have to live with it. Thanks for letting me know why I couldn't remove it. Jeff
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

The Local Folders pseudo-account is created during installation and is not something a user can remove OR add to SeaMonkey. What do you mean by "Special Account"?
javogadro1

Post by javogadro1 »

The name of the account is "Blank Account" and has the usual "Drafts", Sent", "junk" etc. under it. if I click on the account name and then "View Settings" I go to an "Account Settings" window which says, "This is a special account. It has no Identities associated with it." It shows a "Local Directory" of "C:\Documents and Settings\Jeff Wisnia\Application Data\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\644dtwzc.default\Mail\Local Folders" which I can't seem to find with Windows Explorer or with a search. There is a bright "Add Account" tab and dimmed "set as Default: and "Remove Account" tabs, but clicking on the "Remove Account" one does nothing.

What Next Please?

Jeff
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Nothing. That sounds like the default structure called Local Folders. There is no need to remove it and it was not user created.
javogadro1

Post by javogadro1 »

Thanks, I'll just forget about it. Jeff