Seamonkey : browser search - use of tools (date,language,)

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
gyanbellings

Seamonkey : browser search - use of tools (date,language,)

Post by gyanbellings »

When doing a search via Seamonkeybrowser, one can use tools to limit searches ( by date, language , etc).
It appears however that the topic tools comes after images , videos, actuality, maps, more, ... and the line
under : parameters and (finally) tools .
It appears that the actual version of Seamonkey DOES NOT ALLOW to open the item TOOLS....
clicking in the word Tools results in nothing.
Question : is this a bug in the Seamonkey browser layout ?
Or is there a way to use tools to limit research-results ?
Thanx.
DanRaisch

Re: Seamonkey : browser search - use of tools (date,language

Post by DanRaisch »

Do you have Google set as your default search engine? It sounds as though you are referring to options on the results web page of a Google search.
gyanbellings

Post by gyanbellings »

DanRaisch wrote:Do you have Google set as your default search engine? It sounds as though you are referring to options on the results web page of a Google search.
Best Moderator/DanRaisch (2004?yu must know seamonkey in all aspects).
1. yes, the seamonkeyversion includes 4 search engines : google, yahoo, CNTRL and Wikipedia(french).
2. I use Google for past 10 years ( early versions of Google allowed far more searchparameters, such as
exclusion ( with a ' - '), alternative ( with 'or'),combinaison of terms, limit domainname ( not .com for instance);
3. checking upon the preferences for internetsearch, Seamonkey does not show me (or I do not see it),
where I can add other searchengines such as DuckDuckGo, Bing or CreativeCommons ;
4. Which is for Seamonkey (according to you) the better search engine ? and how to do I integrate it
in the available set of engines under 'preferences - internet search ?

Whatsoever, would it be feasable to post a request that the next Seamonkey-version, allows to use
the 'tools' of Google search Engine

Thanks a lot and pardon being so lenghty in my request.
GyanBellings
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

3. Click on the icon at the left of the search term entry field to display the list of search engine choices. At the bottom of that list is an entry reading "Manage Search Engine List." Near the bottom left of the dialogue box will be a link to "Get more search engines...". Click on that to find and install new options.
4. The "better" search engine is the one that best meets your needs or matches your way of working. I have used DuckDuckGo but am not completely happy with it and also use Google.

There is no real reason to add the tools of Google Search Engine to SeaMonkey as most search engines provide some sort of tools of their own which would make tools built into SeaMonkey redundant.