Seamonkey 2.46 browser history manual selective deletion

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
webmoebius

Seamonkey 2.46 browser history manual selective deletion

Post by webmoebius »

Prior to upgrading to SM 2.46, I have used the following manual workaround shown on comment 7 at this Bugzilla bug record to delete browser history but preserve the most recent 30 days:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=660646#c7

Using this expression:
Components.classes['@mozilla.org/browser/nav-history-service;1'].getService(Components.interfaces.nsIBrowserHistory).removeVisitsByTimeframe(0, (new Date().setHours(0, 0, 0, 0) - (parseInt(prompt('Days of history to keep', 30)) - 1) * 24 * 60 * 60 * 1000) * 1000 - 1)

I just recently upgraded to SM 2.46 and found that using the Javascript expression I mentioned above used in the SM error console's evaluation field to delete browser history except the last 30 days, no longer works. The NUMBER OF DAYS prompt that is supposed to appear with this expression no longer appears when the expression is evaluated in the error console. Does this problem now have anything to do with the mentioned changes regarding the Javascript debugger interface at this URL:

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releas ... onkey2.46/

and if so, what if any, is the workaround solution to execute the same expression elsewhere in SM 2.46? This method has worked well for me up until now.
therube

Re: Seamonkey 2.46 browser history manual selective deletion

Post by therube »

Have you checked to see if there is an extension (even FF extension) that accomplishes similar to what you're looking for?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
webmoebius

Re: Seamonkey 2.46 browser history manual selective deletion

Post by webmoebius »

therube wrote:Have you checked to see if there is an extension (even FF extension) that accomplishes similar to what you're looking for?
Not yet, because I'm still in the process of determining why that expression no longer works in the SM 2.46 error console manual expression evaluation, and which component of SM 2.46 has changed. Without knowing what component is causing the problem, I'm not sure what extension to look for. If you know where else I could have the same expression evaluated in SM 2.46 and have it executed, I would love to find out a workaround.