User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Reinstall SeaMonkey (it will not delete your profile) Does this mean it won't delete passwords, history, cookies etc?
enable admin privileges (or disable UAC) for installer ( click RMB and choose "Run as Admin") I don't understand this, but I know how to run the install program as administrator.
I have Malwarebytes but installed it after Seamonkey.
I previously reinstalled a new download of SM without uninstalling first.
I think RMB = right mouse button. So you are on the right track.
Yes. All these things are stored in your profile.
Yes. Uninstall and after restart install SeaMonkey as administrator.
Check settings for "seamonkey.exe"... or temporarily disable it while testing SeaMonkey.
After uninstall of SeaMonkey you can delete "leftovers" from "Program Files" folder (if there are any). To be sure.
Windows 10 is a big misunderstanding, big mistake. With every new patch it makes new problems. If you have Win10 Pro then you can "downgrade" to Win7 Pro. Just saying...
Again. Did you check you Windows taskbar notification settings? A reinstall will not cure it if they are off.
When I press Get Messages and they are downloaded, I get a notification listing the messages. What else should I check?
I've had very few problems since going from Win7 to Win10. Just saying ...
Doug Wilson, "The Makai Guy"
Win10: FF 50.1.0, TB 45.6.0║ Android 6.0.1: FF 50.1.0, No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
Additional question first: Is Win10 clean install or upgrade from Win7/Win8.x?
Additional info: Thunderbird and SeaMonkey shares the same engine for e-mails and newsgroups:
What is your e-mail account provider's recommended settings for e-mail client? Some ISPs don't like short check time for new messages - default is 10 minutes but some ISPs want it longer (e.g. 20 minutes):
https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solv ... p3.806197/
Did you checked how is automatic download working after you'll hit "Get new messages"?
Do you have some filters or auto-responder?
By "fresh" you mean "disk (HDD/SDD) was empty" (no old OS) when Win10 was installed?
You're providing a little bit too few information. It's really hard to help when user didn't give more info.
SeaMonkey is working under Windows 10 32-bit/64-bit without problems in basic functions (like automatically downloading messages). That's the fact. You're experiencing strange problems with basic functions. Hmm...
Few more questions:
1) Do you have original DVD with Windows 10 installer? I'm assuming you have license for Win10.
2) If not original DVD then it was ISO file downloaded from Internet (and burned on DVD-R). From where did you downloaded this ISO? Do you have hash file fo it (SHA)?
3) User profile for Win10 is with administrator privileges (default) or is it limited user?
4) Do you have UAC (User Account Control) enabled (by default)?
5) SeaMonkey was installed in default folder "C:\Program Files\SeaMonkey\" or it is in different one?
6) Do you keep user's profile in default folder "c:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\"?
7) After creating new profile (for test) did you made/change setting similar to default profile (except for e-mail account)? And in test profile make basic setting (just to download e-mails).
If you will not write what you have and/or what you did with system and SeaMonkey it will be hard to help you. By default it must work (especially while you can download messages "manually"). If it is not working then you're far from "default"...
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest