Tooltip just flashes

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
lazybones88

Tooltip just flashes

Post by lazybones88 »

I have asked this in another group but received no replies,maybe I am not being clear enough. I used to be able to hold my mouse pointer on an email account that had new messages an a drop down would appear showing the new messages and in the calendar tab I could hold the mouse pointer over a name and a box would appear with the contents of what the item indicated and on my browser page I could hold the pointer on any icon an get the info or description of it. I am using Win 7 Pro and SM 2.48 and had the sames results in 2.46,2.47 and also 2.40. I have the show tooltips set in the preferences. Is this a bug or what? Sometimes when I first start SM it will work and the it goes back to the flash,maybe visible for a second or so. Any help would be appreciated.

lazybones88
frg

Re: Tooltip just flashes

Post by frg »

Still works for me in all versions up to 2.50a1. Did you try it with a new test profile or in safe mode?
lazybones88

Post by lazybones88 »

Yes and it is still is the same, Thanks anyway.
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

Have you got a keyboard key stuck down? That's always been the issue when I've seen likewise.
lazybones88

Post by lazybones88 »

The keyboard seems fine. I am going to switch Themes today and see if that has any thing to do with it.