How to clear the Move -> Recent list

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
jerry4dos

How to clear the Move -> Recent list

Post by jerry4dos »

I've been using Seamonkey v2.9 for about a week for its nice mail client. When I right-click on a message and select "Move," one of the targets is "Recent" and the list of "Recent" targets has grown to 17 items. Seamonkey does not seem to update the "Recent" list with new destinations as I move newer messages into individual folders.

I've tried clearing the cache by removing the "panacea.dat" file. That clears the "Recent" list OK, but the list now remains empty, and no new choices are added as I move more individual messages.

Restoring the original "panacea.dat" file restores my original 17 targets.

Is there a way to clear the target list without totally disabling it?

Thanks.
isaacschemm

Re: How to clear the Move -> Recent list

Post by isaacschemm »

Have you tried SeaMonkey 2.46? (You would probably want to create a different profile, or back up your old one, in case you want to go back to 2.09.)

By the way, this extension might be helpful if you don't use SeaMonkey for web browsing:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamon ... nkey-mail/
jerry4dos

Post by jerry4dos »

Been there; done that.
Neither Seamonkey v2.46 or the suggested addon will run on Win2K. However, even if I can't find a way to clear the "Recent" cache, I'll probably stick with Seamonkey Mail because it's better than anything else I've tried. I can start Seamonkey Mail as a standalone with the Start menu shortcut the Seamonkey browser installer left. I don't use the browser because it seems to be a bigger CPU hog than my Opera v12.02.
Thanks for writing.
Jerry
isaacschemm

Post by isaacschemm »

Ah, didn't see you're on Win2000. That makes sense.
I believe Thunderbird has the same "move to" menu - perhaps you could see if anyone has had the same problem there.
jerry4dos

Post by jerry4dos »

I think I've figured out how it works.

The RECENT list is stored in PANACEA.DAT all right, and if you delete (or rename) PANACEA.DAT while Seamonkey Mail is NOT running, the RECENT list will be cleared.

However, the RECENT list is not rebuilt dynamically. That is, you can MOVE messages to other folders, but the RECENT list won't show any changes until you close MAIL and restart it again. When you next reboot MAIL, your recent moves will appear in the RECENT list.

I can live with this.

Jerry