Occasional Composer problem w/jpg

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Peter Creasey

Occasional Composer problem w/jpg

Post by Peter Creasey »

I frequently create documents containing text and jpg and save the document as an html file to be emailed as an attachment. The documents always look fine in Composer.

Usually this sequence works fine and the recipient receives everything in good usable form. However, occasionally the recipient receives the file and the jpg entries in the doccument are blank and, of course, not viewable. Resending the file creates the same exact problem.

The only solution to this problem is to load the document in Composer and copy and paste it into Word and save the file as *.doc file. This sequence works fine.

Why does this problem sometimes occur? And how can I avoid having it happen?

Thanks!
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
therube

Re: Occasional Composer problem w/jpg

Post by therube »

Are you sure the jpg are actually embedded in the html file, & not simply something you're loading (from /cache/) on your end (or that you are using a "local link" to the picture on your end - which would not work for anyone else.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Peter Creasey

Re: Occasional Composer problem w/jpg

Post by Peter Creasey »

t, thanks for responding!

Some of the jpg are copy/pasted from my flicker account and some are copy/pasted from public internet sites.

These methods normally work fine but occasionally fail as per my original posting.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete