MozillaZine

new tabs

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
bob c

Post Posted March 14th, 2017, 7:07 am

I like my tab browsing as I have it in FF. I can't get SM to open new tabs no matter what options I choose.

If I go to google, it shows 1 tab, then to a link or a new site like yahoo, still 1 tab. In firefox I would have 3 tabs showing, 1 for google, 1 for the link and 1 for yahoo, and more if they were needed.

I can't get SM to do this. Is there a way? I don't like having to hit the back button to to go back to other pages. In the scenario above, I would have to hit the back button 2 times to get back to the google page.

Looking at SM in the hopes of using it if 1 day I have to leave FF. sigh !

ElTxolo

Post Posted March 14th, 2017, 7:16 am

... I can't get SM to open new tabs no matter what options I choose.

How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20170619 SeaMonkey/2.49.1
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20170508 SeaMonkey/2.51a2

bob c

Post Posted March 14th, 2017, 7:29 am

ElTxolo wrote:
... I can't get SM to open new tabs no matter what options I choose.

that's OK, but how do I get it to do it like FF, without having to use a middle click, just by left clicking on the link or toolbar button, and then using the middle click for closing each individual tab.

DanRaisch

Post Posted March 14th, 2017, 8:41 am

Are you running any tab related extensions in Firefox, such as TabMix Plus?

smsmith

Post Posted March 14th, 2017, 10:35 am

If you are opening links from a Google search page and getting them to open in the current tab, that's actually a Google setting. In the lower right of the page, click Settings, then Search Settings. Part way down the page, make sure that "Open each selected result in a new browser window" is checked. If you have SM setup to use tabs instead of windows, the links will open in a new tab, not a new window.

If you are already on a search page (not google.com, but a page with search results), the settings link moves to the upper left.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.

Frank Lion

Post Posted March 14th, 2017, 5:45 pm

bob c wrote:that's OK, but how do I get it to do it like FF, without having to use a middle click, just by left clicking on the link or toolbar button, and then using the middle click for closing each individual tab.

I needed to use an extension in Firefox for me to be able to do that.
Metal Lion latest SeaMonkey & Thunderbird Themes - Sea Monkey and Silver Sea Monkey
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

Return to SeaMonkey Support