Bookmark Toolbar

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Butter

Bookmark Toolbar

Post by Butter »

I have been playing around with trying to add bookmarks to the toolbar for some time now "Days". I have Linux installed and the version of SeaMonkey 2.46. The toolbar is in the window and i can also add as many toolbar's as i want. However i can't seem to be able to put anything in or on them.
therube

Re: Bookmark Toolbar

Post by therube »

Seems that with the "original" Bookmarks Toolbar, you can do pretty much whatever you want (like adding a bookmark or folder there).

With a "new toolbar", as you create it, you at the same time, have to drag at least one item from the Customize dialog into it for it to persist. Once it is there, you can then go back & drag other items (from the Customize dialog) into or from that new toolbar.

I'm not seeing how to do something like add a bookmark to a new toolbar?
Maybe you're just limited to items in the Customize dialog (but that wouldn't seem to make much sense)?

(If Bookmarks Toolbar can be found in Bookmarks Manager, where does a new toolbar live? xulstore.json, perhaps?)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Frank Lion

Re: Bookmark Toolbar

Post by Frank Lion »

Butter wrote:I have been playing around with trying to add bookmarks to the toolbar for some time now "Days". I have Linux installed and the version of SeaMonkey 2.46. The toolbar is in the window and i can also add as many toolbar's as i want. However i can't seem to be able to put anything in or on them.
The Bookmark Toolbar is just another toolbar, like any other. What makes it 'special', by default, is the 'Bookmarks Toolbar Items' section. That is the only part that you can have bookmarks on.

If you can't see it around, then look in the Customise Window. Once found, the 'Bookmarks Toolbar Items' can be dragged to any toolbar, not just the Bookmarks Toolbar. So...you can have all of your bookmarks on the Menu Bar, if you wanted to.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)