Few issues upon return to SeaMonkey

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
kmberry

Few issues upon return to SeaMonkey

Post by kmberry »

I'd been using Firefox+Thunderbird for some years before it just got so dang slow I could not stand it. Tried Chrome for awhile; don't like all those processes running. Tried PaleMoon and was surprised at its high CPU and Adblock actually obstructing what I wanted to see instead of making the internet bearable.

Just returned to SeaMonkey and have a few issues, the most bothersome being that I cannot get into online banking at Chase - I get told to update my browser before getting a code emailed to log in and after that. Maybe there is something I can do in about:config to properly spoof my browser, but I don't know what or how.

I wish I could automatically return to the last used tab when closing a tab. And I wish the new tab button was at the right end instead of the left.

As far as the mail, I haven't yet determined whether it has IMAP IDLE capability. When sending an email that included html, I was prompted to choose whether I wanted to send it in plain text, plain text+html, or html only. I had no idea what to choose and opened Thunderbird to send the email. I wish I could change that bright white background color and customize account tree etc font and colorwise. I didn't like that Theme Changer addon because when I reopened SeaMonkey, the File Menu was blurred and the theme was messed up.

On the bright side, using much less memory and CPU makes me happy, and Cookies Exterminator is freaking awesome - as good as Self-Destructing Cookies!

Input and great ideas welcome :)
frg

Re: Few issues upon return to SeaMonkey

Post by frg »

The problem with case is know. You can spoof the user agent.

It should go away in the next version. 248 beta 1 is currently in the works which will be followed by 2.48 and the 2.49 from the ESR 52 branch.

You can also try Adrians 2.49 in the mean time.
https://l10n.mozilla-community.org/~aka ... y/nightly/

Please back up your profile if you want to go back to 2.46. But any official version will install over the unofficial one.
therube

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Peter Creasey

Post by Peter Creasey »

k, I almost always use the "Open New Window" option when going forward from one page to another related page; thus, I only have to close the second page so as to return to the page I was at before.
. . . . . . . . . . Pete
kmberry

Post by kmberry »

Thank you all. I did figure out how to spoof the useragent, pretended to be IE 11 - and then Google didn't like me! Clicking on Google search results did nothing unless I opened in a new tab, and Google+ wouldn't let me post or see my notifications. So I changed the useragent to the latest Firefox, and solved both issues.

Now I see that LastPass has an exploit, and we can install the new version on Firefox but not on Seamonkey. So I'm going to wait until Seamonkey gets the ability to get the latest LastPass extension before I use it.