SEAMONKEY NOT COMPATIBLE WITH HUMANA

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
lollarz

SEAMONKEY NOT COMPATIBLE WITH HUMANA

Post by lollarz »

When trying to login to Humana.com Seamonkey hangs on I'm not a robot test. IE works OK.
Frank Lollar
DanRaisch

Re: SEAMONKEY NOT COMPATIBLE WITH HUMANA

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to SeaMonkey Support.

Were you able to log in to that site previously?
Have you tried clearing the browser cache and any cookies associated with the Humana site?
therube

Post by therube »

Any change if you restart in Safe Mode?

(Worked fine on my end, thought I can't actually log in, as I have no account.
Can't say I've ever come across a site where blocking a captcha, or anything like that, ended up causing a hang.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

lollarz wrote:When trying to login to Humana.com Seamonkey hangs on I'm not a robot test. IE works OK.
Frank Lollar
I went to Humana.com and went to the sign in page. Having a reCAPTCHA to sign in is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

Be that as it may the reCAPTCHA worked just fine with SeaMonkey 2.46 and I was able to insert a username and PW. Not having an account it came back and asked me to check my username and PW.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
LMHmedchem

Post by LMHmedchem »

If you haven't already checked, most of the time when I have an issue like this the problem is that no-script is blocking a component of the reCAPCHA. Do you have no-script installed? If you do, you probably need to temporarily allow some of the google script. If not, check other add blockers if you have them.

I agree that there is no good reason to run a reCAPCHA on a page where you are entering login information. At that point, you already have credentials (and an account with the insurance company), so they know you're not a robot. The rest can be managed with a limit on login attempts. Most of the time when I see this I suspect that the reCAPCHA is there just to force you to allow google scripts to be running when you are logged into your account. I avoid sites and companies that require this and if I have no choice, I always revoke the temporary permissions as soon as I have successfully logged in.

LMHmedchem