Cookie Manager location question

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Tialon

Cookie Manager location question

Post by Tialon »

Hello all. I could swear that, on my SeaMonkey at home (SM 2.46 on Windows 7) I can access cookies simply by by clicking Tools --> Cookie Manager. However, this SeaMonkey (2.46) on my father's laptop (running Windows 10 home ed.) doesn't seem to have that. Rather, to access the Cookie Manager, I must click Tools, Options, Privacy & Security, Cookies, and then the Cookie Manager button within. (I could also swear that my SeaMonkey at home has a Preferences in the Edit menu, something else which my father's doesn't have, but I'm not worried about that right now.) I can also interact with the cookies by choosing Tools, Data Manager, and selecting "Cookies only" in the drop-down at the left.

Is there a way to have Cookie Manager accessible in the Tools menu? Maybe that was something present in older versions of SeaMonkey, and I just hadn't noticed the change? Or, maybe I've imagined the whole thing? :oops:

Sorry for what seems like a dumb question(s). My father passed away a few weeks ago, so my brain is probably not at its best. It was I who originally recommended SeaMonkey to him for this laptop (and he who originally recommended Firefox to me, back in the day, or I think it was maybe still Firebird, back then), and I'm now in my parents' town, trying to spruce up the laptop for my Mom's use later. Thanks so much for any info you can provide. (I may not be able to answer immediately due to travel and such, but will respond when I can.)
therube

Re: Cookie Manager location question

Post by therube »

SeaMonkey should have: Tools -> Cookie Manager => Manage Stored Cookies

on my father's laptop (running Windows 10 home ed.) doesn't seem to have that. Rather, to access the Cookie Manager, I must click Tools, Options, Privacy & Security, Cookies, and then the Cookie Manager button within.
Are you sure he's running SeaMonkey?
SeaMonkey does not have Tools | Options ... ;-), instead uses, Edit | Preferences...

I too long ago set my father up with SeaMonkey.
At some point, by whatever means, he ended up with FF.
(My mother will never use a computer, I can't imagine. [I'm surprised she can even turn the TV on & off. Somehow, she does manage to use a cell phone?])
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Tialon

Re: Cookie Manager location question

Post by Tialon »

Hello therube -- Yes, the laptop certainly is using SeaMonkey -- I was posting this thread using SeaMonkey on Dad's laptop. (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0 SeaMonkey/2.46)

However, I figured out what was going on! This laptop's copy of SeaMonkey has PatrickJDempsey's excellent SeaFox extension. There's an option in it called "Rearrange menus like Firefox." Enabling that option causes SeaMonkey to -- hold on to your hat! -- rearrange its menus to look like Firefox' menus. :shock: :D

I believe that on my SeaMonkey at home, I probably don't have that option enabled; but I set it that way for my parents' desktop computer (I figured it would make SeaMonkey more familiar for my Mom, a Firefox user), and my Dad set it that way at some point on his laptop too.

So, it's a simple toggle, on or off, according to user preference. Problem solved. Yay! Thank you for the reply. :)