about:config parameters deletion

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
webmoebius

about:config parameters deletion

Post by webmoebius »

Can someone tell me how to delete newly entered / created parameters in the about:config panel? There seems to be no way to delete them via the right click menu on the parameter.
DanRaisch

Re: about:config parameters deletion

Post by DanRaisch »

Select "Reset" from the right click (context) menu to remove custom config settings.
webmoebius

Post by webmoebius »

DanRaisch wrote:Select "Reset" from the right click (context) menu to remove custom config settings.
Thank you. I did notice the RESET option but I thought that it would just merely reset it back to default value. So does that mean that SM internally would know which are built-in parameters and which are user-added parameters? And that when user-added parameters are given the RESET action, only those user-added parameters would be deleted? What would be the result if the RESET option was used on standard parameters included with SM? Does that reset them back to default value and not delete them?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

webmoebius wrote:So does that mean that SM internally would know which are built-in parameters and which are user-added parameters?
Yes
webmoebius wrote: And that when user-added parameters are given the RESET action, only those user-added parameters would be deleted?
It's only possible to reset the currently selected parameter, so yes, only the one parameter highlighted would be deleted.
webmoebius wrote: What would be the result if the RESET option was used on standard parameters included with SM? Does that reset them back to default value and not delete them?
Correct.