SeaMonkey Kicks Out Password

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
makaiguy

Re: SeaMonkey Kicks Out Password

Post by makaiguy »

troothteller wrote:Take a message with an attachment, either from the Inbox or the Sent folder, and hit Forward. The .eml file will appear to the right of the information lines, where I would look for the main attachment I would want to send.
Does the text of the message you are forwarding appear in the message composition window?

I have never used SeaMonkey, but if it works the same as Thunderbird in this regard:
  • TBird can be set to forward messages either inline, in which case the message you are forwarding would be included in your message composition window, allowing you to edit it, or as an attachment, in which case the forwarded message would not show in your message composition window, but would show as an attachment. It works this way whether or not the forwarded message has an attachment.

If you send the forwarded message as an attachment, how this would show to your recipient would depend on how his email software displays attachments - it could be shown within the message, or it might require him to open the attached message separately.

This path for this setting (at least in TBird) is:
    • [If running on Windows]: Tools | Options, or
      [If running on OSX]: Thunderbird | Preferences, or
      [If running on Linux]: Edit | Preferences

.. then Composition | General
    Forward messages: [Picklist - Inline or As attachment] [ ] add extension to file name.

If you set "As attachment" and click the box, it will include the .eml filename extension.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
amrad

Re: SeaMonkey Kicks Out Password

Post by amrad »

makaiguy wrote:This path for this setting (at least in TBird) is:
  • [If running on Windows]: Tools | Options, or
In Windows, the path for SeaMonkey is: Edit | Preferences

Regards,

Dave.