MozillaZine

Graph lines not appearing on Weather Underground

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Psychonaut

User avatar
 
Posts: 32
Joined: April 7th, 2008, 3:56 am
Location: Darmstadt

Post Posted June 20th, 2017, 2:16 am

Perhaps someone can help me track down the cause of a strange problem. I run SeaMonkey on various computers, and usually check the weather on Weather Underground. Until recently this has worked fine. The forecast looks like this:

Image

However, as of a few weeks ago, one of my computers no longer shows the red temperature line in the forecast graph:

Image

All computers are running the same version and build of SeaMonkey:

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0 SeaMonkey/2.46
Build identifier: 20161222000000

The computer that doesn't display the red line is running openSUSE Tumbleweed, while all the other computers are running openSUSE Leap 42.2. The disappearing line problem occurs even when viewing the page in a fresh profile in safe mode, so it's got nothing to do with any add-ons or site-specific settings saved via cookies.

Any idea what the problem might be?

frg
 
Posts: 381
Joined: December 15th, 2015, 1:20 pm

Post Posted June 20th, 2017, 5:25 am

I assume Customize->Temperature is checked?

Psychonaut

User avatar
 
Posts: 32
Joined: April 7th, 2008, 3:56 am
Location: Darmstadt

Post Posted June 20th, 2017, 5:50 am

Yes, it's checked (by default, in fact, as the second screenshot, which is from a fresh profile, demonstrates).

therube

User avatar
 
Posts: 17401
Joined: March 10th, 2004, 9:59 pm
Location: Maryland USA

Post Posted June 20th, 2017, 1:00 pm

On the one computer, do other browsers show the red lines?


On my end it work with (by allowing):
Code: Select all
+wxug.com
+cloudflare.com
+ajax.googleapis.com
+wunderground.com
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript

Psychonaut

User avatar
 
Posts: 32
Joined: April 7th, 2008, 3:56 am
Location: Darmstadt

Post Posted June 20th, 2017, 2:34 pm

therube wrote:On the one computer, do other browsers show the red lines?

Yes, the red line displays fine in Firefox, Chromium, and Konqueror.

On my end it work with (by allowing):

As far as I know, nothing in my SeaMonkey browser is "disallowed". The problem occurs even when running in safe mode with a new profile, so the browser shouldn't be blocking any sites by default.

Psychonaut

User avatar
 
Posts: 32
Joined: April 7th, 2008, 3:56 am
Location: Darmstadt

Post Posted June 23rd, 2017, 11:48 am

I've noticed the problem is happening with other websites as well. Google Maps, for example, does not highlight the route when asked to give driving directions. You can see this in the screenshot below, where the same route is shown in Firefox (left) and SeaMonkey (right):

Image

Frank Lion

User avatar
 
Posts: 19311
Joined: April 23rd, 2004, 6:59 pm
Location: ... The Exorcist....United Kingdom

Post Posted June 23rd, 2017, 12:54 pm

Psychonaut wrote:
therube wrote:On the one computer, do other browsers show the red lines?

Yes, the red line displays fine in Firefox, Chromium, and Konqueror.

It also displays fine on my SeaMonkey in Linux.

As you've already tried a new profile then I've no idea what to suggest. However, whatever it is, it is a Canvas element related problem, as both WU and Google Maps are using that in those examples above.
Metal Lion latest SeaMonkey & Thunderbird Themes - Sea Monkey and Silver Sea Monkey
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

Psychonaut

User avatar
 
Posts: 32
Joined: April 7th, 2008, 3:56 am
Location: Darmstadt

Post Posted June 23rd, 2017, 1:15 pm

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I suspect it is a problem with how my browser is rendering WebGL. When I visit some WebGL tester sites (but not all of them), I get a blank canvas.

I tried using the official nightly build, as well as the unofficial "contributed" 64-bit build of 2.46, and the canvases display fine for me with these versions. So I'm guessing that there is something wrong with my OS's packaging of SeaMonkey. I have reported it as an openSUSE Tumbleweed bug: Bug 1045848

Return to SeaMonkey Support


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest